new build questions

studroes

alright im getting some parts around to start a new engine build. i do mostly road riding with some ocassional drag racing. the engine now is a drag ported 4mil with boost ports and all the other goodies but im riding with 4mil cubs and this engine isnt cutting it anymore. is it possible to use the same cylinders i got now with possibly a 7mil? is that just a bad idea for the type of riding im doing? and also, what type of clutch or tranny mods would i be looking at with this type of engine? just exploring my options so any comments would be great

If your thinking about a 7 mil might as well go with a 10 mil. And if your juggs are ported specifically for the 4 mil now I dunno if you will be able to get them redone for a 7 or a 10. Some one else will tell you if you can or not.

I've seen people get a clutch from jeff at fast. Or if you are dragging people get those lock out clutches.

And tranny mods I've seen a few people send their tranny to kevin her from hjr and he cuts the tranny to shift better I do belive (easier) and you can get the shift star mod to make shifting just that much smoother.

Maybe I'm just talking a bunch of jibberish some one will come in and correct me or tell me I'm close to being right.

Give your motor builder a call (unless your doing it) they will be able to tell you exactly what to do.

alright im getting some parts around to start a new engine build. i do mostly road riding with some ocassional drag racing. the engine now is a drag ported 4mil with boost ports and all the other goodies but im riding with 4mil cubs and this engine isnt cutting it anymore. is it possible to use the same cylinders i got now with possibly a 7mil? is that just a bad idea for the type of riding im doing? and also, what type of clutch or tranny mods would i be looking at with this type of engine? just exploring my options so any comments would be great

Like Kodie said, call a builder and ask those questions. Only they can tell you if they think they can salvage your port and they may need to see it first to measure the current port degrees and angles. I know Kevin sometimes has a set or 2 of unported jugs on the shelf. You can also run across them on ebay from time to time.

I have every other dog cut off of my tranny gears and every other web removed from the other gears. Bearings on both ends of the shift shaft and the shift drum. I am running a 4mil with a DD lock up. It doesn't shift like an override under throttle but it does shift very nicely with just slacking the throttle a little.

SP