NO Compression?

I was riding it yesterday and it started to act like it was missing on one cylinder. Then i popped like backfire and shut off. I dont have any compression but dont know where to start as i am new to the banshee world. Is there anyway to tell if it is just a head gasket or rings? Kind of on a tight budget due to unemployment. Anybody know any good shop to take it to in the Wichita KS area? Maybe a estimate on a topend price? all your input would be nice. i appreciate it.

FAST is about 2 hours north of you in Holton.

But it is easy to see what damage was done. Start with makeing sure you did not just blow out a spark plug. If they look ok, do a compression check on both cyl. Then, move on to taking off the head and inspecting the top of the pistons. Then move on to the cyl, and so on. As you check each part, you will be able to see what and how much damage was done.

sorry for all the questions, but after i get the head off what exactly am i looking for? im new to these 2 strokes and dont know alot about them. what is the average price of a topend. i was quoted around 675 today by a local shop.

pistons should cost between 150-200 and boring/honing the jugs should be around 50-100. sounds like someones trying to rape you at 675. thats alot of money for labor.

sorry for all the questions, but after i get the head off what exactly am i looking for?

You will know if something is wrong. More than likely you will have a hole in the top of the piston or meltdown on the sides of the piston. Is it just one cyl. without compression or both? What do the plugs look like?