Belray Gearsaver Question

decon

Ok so im switching up my oil since im rebuilding my bike, i read around decided to switch to belray gearsaver. problem is the shop i usualy go to only had some SAE 80w-90, is that okay to run? my uncle found another shop that had some 85W i was thinking about just going to pick some up from then. what is your opinion.

You DO NOT want to run the 80W-90. It is a hypoid gear oil. It is ment to be used in differentials, not transmissions. It would be to thick and could cause your clutch to slip. Some gear oils have a friction modifire added for posi track or limited slip diffs.

The stuff you want is like the stuff your uncle found. It will be just straight 75W, 80W, or 85W. It will say on the back of the bottle that it is for 2 stroke transmissions.

Yea, you don't want the hiplois gear oil... you want the motorcycle/2 stroke transmission oil. Both have gearsaver on the bottole.

I run 85 wt... takes longer to break down to a lighter fluid in hot weather (like I ride in)...

yah i think ill run some 80wt thanks for the info though