best way to launch

4strokekilla1987

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here r the results i race a yfz450 he got me in 1st and 2nd gear but i stil ended up raping him by 3 1/2 cars my launch wasnt all that good but i still laid an ass whooping i just have to keep practicing my launch

Thanks for all the help guys

i used 2nd on my banshee and feathered in the clutch, 2nd on my yfz, and sometimes even 3rd on the yfz in soft terrain.

12s....give or take, again...without knowing a bunch of variables.

For example....back in high school, we took a stocker and went from 74mph to 77 by just removing the front fenders....

No BS.

X2 Fenders are worth about 3 mph. lotta wind drag. Seems like a 1/4 is a long way for a banshee. don't know never tried but I think 12's are legit.

X2 Fenders are worth about 3 mph. lotta wind drag. Seems like a 1/4 is a long way for a banshee. don't know never tried but I think 12's are legit.

Probably 14's your not going to have much MPH with a 13 tooth sprocket. There is only one way to find out.

for the guy that said to rev it up and dump the clutch. let me know when you go to the track and i'll be sure to bring my camera.

I slip the clutch just like the sportbike guys do. launch in 2nd about half throttle and i increase throttle as i let the clutch grab more. i've gotten it down to were i barly ride the wheelie bar till i shift. best pass has been a 8.1 at 89mph.... i was missing shifts BAD all night. i can get into low 7's easy. stock cyl stock stroke on alky +4 and 6' wheelie bar