Hinson billet inner clutch hub and outer pressure plate

dco3100

Im wondering if I should get the billet Hinson clutch inner hub and billet outer pressure plate for my 611 DM build. I hear its ready for the 8plate set up i will be running, on the other hand it would cost me only $50 for machining of my OE inner hub and pressure plate, but its still just OEM parts. OPINIONS please!

Im wondering if I should get the billet Hinson clutch inner hub and billet outer pressure plate for my 611 DM build. I hear its ready for the 8plate set up i will be running, on the other hand it would cost me only $50 for machining of my OE inner hub and pressure plate, but its still just OEM parts. OPINIONS please!

I don't feel that machining the inner hub for the 8 plate rig is the way to go.

Hinson makes the best parts (from an engineering standpoint) in the business. If you have the cash, then I would recommend using all of their parts for your clutch. You can't beat their coil spring cushioned clutch basket.

I don't feel that machining the inner hub for the 8 plate rig is the way to go.

Hinson makes the best parts (from an engineering standpoint) in the business. If you have the cash, then I would recommend using all of their parts for your clutch. You can't beat their coil spring cushioned clutch basket.

o yes, the clutch basket is already on there :thumbsup: soooo im leaning towards the hinsons at this point, thanks dude. ANY MORE OPINIONS?? Keep em comin!

waste of fuckin money. i run a magnum basket, stock inner and outer hub on my 10mm cub.. i also have a lockout and duneable override.

what motor do you have and what kinda riding do you do?

Building a 611cc Cheetah DM motor, 78mmbore 10mil stroke. Ill definately be running the hinson billet basket and lockout for sure, just checking on the other hinson parts...

Building a 611cc Cheetah DM motor, 78mmbore 10mil stroke. Ill definately be running the hinson billet basket and lockout for sure, just checking on the other hinson parts...

I agree with Tyler. The parts arn't needed. A good basket. OEM PP and innner hub with a good lockup work just fine with a 7 plate. But.. if you got money burning a hole in your pocket.. by all means.. Go ahead.

shit i wish :down: , im questioning this b/c i talked to andy from M&M and rdz and they both quoted me prices along with the 8plate setup, i didnt ask too many questions as to why, just thought id guess some input from u guys

waste of fuckin money. i run a magnum basket, stock inner and outer hub on my 10mm cub.. i also have a lockout and duneable override.

what motor do you have and what kinda riding do you do?

611 DM motor with a -2 swinger and he's riding trails.... :yelrotflmao:

This is one of those things, if you had everything else, like tires, straight cuts (yes, I'd run them on this size motor) billet second gear, etc. and still had money, I'd get them.

These would be very low on my priority list, however...if the other stuff wasn't accounted for.

correct me if im wrong, i dont think the dm motors are rider friendly. ya they go in a straight line fast, but it be nere impossable to corner and ride anywhere that dosnt have a 1000ft stretch of clearing

Where'd this trail shit come from?? 300' sand drags and 4-600ft slightly inclined hills

Its a joke from a long time ago about guys building big motors and stuffing them into stock chassis with short swing arms and no bars.

Must have missed it :shrug: Id like to run this one w/o a bar if possible though :biggrin: