Where can I get an override

ryan380

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the innovator of the dunable at WCR in florida..(Whittacker Custom Racing) if you wanna go 1-5 get the dunable with neutral down so you dont catch neutral anymore. Right around 350 bucks. They have deals all the time and were running a special for like 275..check em out.

421 cc

7 mil stroker

39 mm alky pjs w/ dial a jet

+4 metal tech frame

+10 metal tech swing arm

2-5 override

Shearer stingers

drag port

full polish

shaved head

advanced timing +7

8 paddle haulers

mohawks

Right on...always good to hear there are good people out there woth good pricing at a tiome like this...question....I have a 421 7 mil with 2-5 override in a +4 metal tech frame and +10 metal tech swinger..i have 39mm PJs on alky and shearer stingers...set up 14/46 gearing for hills but gettin dogged on the launch in flat drags 300 ft. bogged down on 2nd gear launch and before i know it i'm 2 bikes back. I am 220 lbs and using 8 paddle haulers..any gear recommendations please..i got ate up by a honda and am pissed HELP.

7mil

39mm alky PJs w/ dial a jet

extreme drag port

polished in and out

+4 metal tech frame

+10 metal tech swing arm

shearer stingers

2-5 override

8 paddle haulers 22x11x10

Edited by chaos1488

the bike is not in tune...period.

With a 10 over swinger, 8 paddle haulers, 14-46 gearing on alky with a 7 mil...that bike on flat ground should absolutely fry those tires with that setup.

I don't know if the carbs are way out of tune, if there's a clutch problem...but a simlar setup bike in my experience would need 10-12 paddle extremes with 15-44 to 46 gearing launching in second.

A stock motor banshee with a healthy port job on a 4 over arm should be able to fry those tires.

I'd be looking into the clutch first, see if something isn't binding up or something.

it's entirely possible the carbs are way off too....

When you were hillshooting, was there a large elevation/temperature change as to where you're flat dragging now?

the bike is not in tune...period.

With a 10 over swinger, 8 paddle haulers, 14-46 gearing on alky with a 7 mil...that bike on flat ground should absolutely fry those tires with that setup.

I don't know if the carbs are way out of tune, if there's a clutch problem...but a simlar setup bike in my experience would need 10-12 paddle extremes with 15-44 to 46 gearing launching in second.

A stock motor banshee with a healthy port job on a 4 over arm should be able to fry those tires.

I'd be looking into the clutch first, see if something isn't binding up or something.

it's entirely possible the carbs are way off too....

When you were hillshooting, was there a large elevation/temperature change as to where you're flat dragging now?

hillshooting at Buttercup in Glamis and flat dragging here in tucson. The jetting for glamis has always run just fine here in Tucson. Now that I have the Dial-a-jet maybe theres a difference. guess I will re sync and retune. The clutch is fine.I am sure of that. will retune and fine tune and get back to you this weekend...Thank you very much and again any and all input is deeply appreciated.

If you didn't have the dial a jet before...and it was working fine, I would just turn it off.

I'm assuming you mean an adjustable auxiliary fuel source like us alcohol draggers term a power jet....no?

If it was spot on before, and you're flooding it with more fuel...that could very well cause a bog big time.

I'm not a hillshooter...so take what I'm about to say with that in mind.

I'm assuming since you're on an angle and MUCH more of the weight is rearward...you can get away with much less paddle.

10 over arm on a good running bike with 8 paddles will fry those tires on a flat track ...:)

Unless you're 400 lbs...then, you have other issues, like not enough motor. :)

If you didn't have the dial a jet before...and it was working fine, I would just turn it off.

I'm assuming you mean an adjustable auxiliary fuel source like us alcohol draggers term a power jet....no?

If it was spot on before, and you're flooding it with more fuel...that could very well cause a bog big time.

I'm not a hillshooter...so take what I'm about to say with that in mind.

I'm assuming since you're on an angle and MUCH more of the weight is rearward...you can get away with much less paddle.

10 over arm on a good running bike with 8 paddles will fry those tires on a flat track ...:)

Unless you're 400 lbs...then, you have other issues, like not enough motor. :)

no im only 220..lol..the dial a jet is a air mixture screw that is inserted in the intake of the carb between the air filter and the carb..it allows for adjustments on the fly without having to tear apart the carb for rejetting. went out and rechecked it and one screw was turned out a full turn more than the other. not sure how i missed that this weekend as im sure i checked it. i'll be a little embarrassed if that was it, but hey we tune and we learn right?