Going to Colorado Have a question

I'm heading up to around Almont Colorado soon and want to carry my banshee.

Currently it is set up for 90 degree weather and 400 ft elevation.

Noss head with 19-20cc domes they were supposed to be 21's but the compression is right at 170psi.

50 over with wiseco pistons

mild port

Fatty's and Power core 2

boyesen reeds

K&N clamp ons

Stock Carbs running 320 mains

I'll probably be riding in 60-70 degree weather at 8500-9000 ft. elevation. If I go down one for every 1750 ft. that puts me dropping almost 5 jet sizes and the temp difference should get me back up 1. Would 300's be a good safe bet? I've only got a few hours on it and don't want to do another build. Since my compression is close to 170 I'll be bringing my own 110. Will that be a problem? Thanks

ETA: I will probably only run a tank or two of gas through it fairly mild riding. I just want it to be safe. Anything else I need to be concerned with, Laws?

Edited by Streettrends

You should get yourself a kit off of Ebay that has many different sized jets in it for the Banshee.

It will run about $35.00 plus shipping costs.

Then Id start at 300 and plug check on down until you get her dialed it right.

I am at 270 on mine here for Waldon at 7400 feet at teh dunes here in Colorado.

Dont start lean as you could damage the cylinders and overheat her in seconds.

The pain in the ass part is removing the carms multiple times changing the jets out.

Look for the correct light brown color with a touch of moisture from fuel on the ceramic portion for a close set up.

Each time you change to a smaller jet size you will need to run it wide open for at least a 1/2 mile stretch, pull in the clutch and turn off the ignition switch and check the plug.

Note: there is a more exacting way listed in your clymer manual, but that is pretty much a good rough way to do it.

:cool: