dynoport twin pipes

hey fellas, i'm working on a banshee for a guy and his shee has some dynoport twin pipes. they look close to like cpi inframes or something, by there larger outside diameter. i never knew that dynoport made twin pipes. are these decent pipes? they appear to be a pipe aimed for mid-top? he would be willing to sell them to me, as he is selling the banshee. what's a good price for them? also, they have the matching silencers. should i scoop these pipes up? thanks for the input.

what if i can get them for say......$150......should i scoop? i wish i could find some dyno sheets on these twin pipes. anybody out there that has these pipes personally, or who drove a shee w/these pipes?

i was thinking of trying a setup that's more for mid-top (just for the heck of it), so i was thinking these pipes should beat my fattys for that job??

Edited by mopar1rules

Whether they help your power or not depend on what your porting is and your carbs and your gearing etc, etc.

If your porting is close to stock they prolly won't do a lot. Usually there will be some improvement in a spacific rpm, but not gobs. I have read posts that guys say a set of CPI's helped their power on stock ports. But they would prolly make 25 to 30% more if ported.

It was said a lot on the old forum, the exhaust port will move more air than the stock transfers can move, and the stock transfers can move more air than the stock reeds and cages can and the stock reeds and cages can move more than the stock air filter. So from that knowledge where should you make the improvement? The pipes, Ports, reeds and cages, filter? It really get down to what is the best combination. One mod by its self may not do a lot, and sometimes can hurt. Like adding to big of carbs for yor porting. Back to how much air can be moved. Now you have to much gas going in and wonder why it bogs of idle.

Ok, ok I wasn't going to write all that. Just got to thinking and writing. If they were cheap enough I would give them a try. They are somthing different.

right now i have my stock carbs bored to 27.1mm, cases ported, cylinders ported, stock head cut .030", fatty pipes w/pc2 silencers, no snorkel w/modded airbox lid, and carbon tech reeds. my porting has 188* of exhaust duration and the exhaust port is WIDE.....75% of bore width. intakes are opened way up and i'm planning on raising my transfers, to drop my blow down timing a little. i think i might give the pipes a try. if they don't work to my liking, don't be surprised if you see them in the classifieds.....LOL.