Shaving stock head? How Much?

I am rebuilding my topend for the first time and need a little help on deciding what to do with my head. I am trying to save a little money and get my stock head shaved instead of buying a cool head. I measured the stock head and it is at 26cc. I would like to sqweese my compression down as far as i can while still running 93 octane. So i guess my question is how much can be milled of the stock head without causing any problems?

i think squish would be a problem before compression unless you get it chambered too. i took .020 off mine and if i remember correctly there is about .035 squish clearance. it jumped the compression about 25 psi but i did the top end at the same time

taking off .030" from the stock head and using moose racing head and base gaskets will yield .050" squish. what base gaskets and head gaskets were you using there "shee rips", to get .035" squish?

I put standard size wsm pistons in. I will be using the gaskets that came with em. Do you think there is much difference between those and moose racings? And also do you think the pistons are the same EXACT size as stock or maybe a little taller or shorter?

I am rebuilding my topend for the first time and need a little help on deciding what to do with my head. I am trying to save a little money and get my stock head shaved instead of buying a cool head. I measured the stock head and it is at 26cc. I would like to sqweese my compression down as far as i can while still running 93 octane. So i guess my question is how much can be milled of the stock head without causing any problems?

Mesure your squish clearance and keep .035 to .040'' to be safe. Then you will mill the head about from .020 to .030''

I put standard size wsm pistons in. I will be using the gaskets that came with em. Do you think there is much difference between those and moose racings? And also do you think the pistons are the same EXACT size as stock or maybe a little taller or shorter?

i personally don't think there will be more than a .005" difference in gasket thickness, between the moose stuff and the wsm stuff.