seroirs head problems

what do u mean drill the same size then just put a new one in is this a big deal or not really and what is hellicoil

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96059

the helicoil tap will tell you what size drill bit to use. the helicoils are bigger than the original hole but will have the same inner circumference and threads will be where you need to be.

you can go to and automotive store with the new stud and they can help match your stud with the right helicoil. just use the link for instructions on how to. there are pictures too.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96059

the helicoil tap will tell you what size drill bit to use. the helicoils are bigger than the original hole but will have the same inner circumference and threads will be where you need to be.

you can go to and automotive store with the new stud and they can help match your stud with the right helicoil. just use the link for instructions on how to. there are pictures too.

alright thanks i wonder if anyone else has have this problem

A spindle like showed in the pictures for the helicoil instruction and only used one in that. Then it was a cylinder stud for a friend of mine and put two in that. And then it was a stud that was stripped out on a crankcase and used one in that.

Helicoils work man. They aren't very hard to put in either. Just make sure you pay attention to what size drill bit you need. It says what size you need on the tap.

Edited by Misssppelllleddd

A spindle like showed in the pictures for the helicoil instruction and only used one in that. Then it was a cylinder stud for a friend of mine and put two in that. And then it was a stud that was stripped out on a crankcase and used one in that.

Helicoils work man. They aren't very hard to put in either. Just make sure you pay attention to what size drill bit you need. It says what size you need on the tap.

thanks i see u have a 87 shee to tahts what i have

thanks i see u have a 87 shee to tahts what i have

yup. and if you have a low serial/vin number then keep it and keep all original parts if you still have them! I can't remember off the top of my head but somewhere around serial number 2GU-00010500 and below have a rare and superseded part in them. Same thing with some other parts too. I saw them on a 1987 Banshee microfiche. I still have all original parts for my shee. So if I buy another one then all I have to do is transfer parts and make it 1987 original again. My old bottom end is sitting in a box somewhere so I don't have to worry about tearing up the old engine.

So keep it!

yup. and if you have a low serial/vin number then keep it and keep all original parts if you still have them! I can't remember off the top of my head but somewhere around serial number 2GU-00010500 and below have a rare and superseded part in them. Same thing with some other parts too. I saw them on a 1987 Banshee microfiche. I still have all original parts for my shee. So if I buy another one then all I have to do is transfer parts and make it 1987 original again. My old bottom end is sitting in a box somewhere so I don't have to worry about tearing up the old engine.

So keep it!

What do u mean a speical part ya mine is pretty much stock