cost of a top end job

looking to be about 300 parts and labor. By labor I mean bore/hone/chamfer

160-180 for pistons

100 labor

20-40 gaskets

ofcourse it will be alot more if you pay someone to disassemble/assemble it for you.

alrgiht thanks guys um im just sick of my friends that have a raptor and 4 strokes and tehy say that the 4 strokes are cheaper to rebuild and im like i dont thik so what do u guys think about that

alrgiht thanks guys um im just sick of my friends that have a raptor and 4 strokes and tehy say that the 4 strokes are cheaper to rebuild and im like i dont thik so what do u guys think about that

a bore and a piston is a bore and a piston. banshee pistons are a little cheaper than 4 stroke pistons, but you have 2 cylinders to bore. They are about the same. 2 strokes need top end builds more often, but are alot more simple to take apart and put together. IMO they both have pros and cons, but pretty much even out any way you look at it. As mentioned above, 2 stoke motors cc per cc make more power also.

a bore and a piston is a bore and a piston. banshee pistons are a little cheaper than 4 stroke pistons, but you have 2 cylinders to bore. They are about the same. 2 strokes need top end builds more often, but are alot more simple to take apart and put together. IMO they both have pros and cons, but pretty much even out any way you look at it. As mentioned above, 2 stoke motors cc per cc make more power also.

ya i have seen taht to alot more money into the 4 strokes but how often do the 4 strokes blow up or need a rebuild

and why do the banshees need a rebuild so often jw

They don't! Take care of it, make sure it's jetted properly and with quality oil it will last for years. :thumbsup:

ya i have seen taht to alot more money into the 4 strokes but how often do the 4 strokes blow up or need a rebuild

2 stroke motors stay in a higher rpm range, and the cylinders have less "meat" to them. longer 4 stroke motors like a raptor 700 should last quite a long time, were as the 450 prob only last 20-30 hrs longer than an eqivelent 2 stroke motor. As in piston/ring material, filter type, ect..

2 stroke motors stay in a higher rpm range, and the cylinders have less "meat" to them. longer 4 stroke motors like a raptor 700 should last quite a long time, were as the 450 prob only last 20-30 hrs longer than an eqivelent 2 stroke motor. As in piston/ring material, filter type, ect..

Allright thanks guys for your awsores