68mm 4 mill cub or drag ported 4 mill stockers

Ieat4strokes

On my bike, Shearers pulled even harder and longer on top.

The correct setup?

When you beat anyone in your class you're racing with....LOL.

If you want to race in 300 foot straight line, you want it light, lowered and longer.

You need a lockup and override. You need a 10 to 12 over swinger. You need struts or Marvin shaw shocks to lower it to the ground.

You need a wheelie bar, not to go faster, but to be more consistent.

You need time, patience, tires, gearing, spark plugs and lots of fuel to test, tune, test, tune....

that sounds like pretty much it to me lol. i need money ha ha

Talked to Kevin at HJR via e-mail and he seemed to think I should go with a stock build, didnt really say why other than costs. But honestly after 525 going by his site for a 4 mill drag port, bore hone pistons rings 4 mill domes etc etc Im right there knocking on cubs door. Im aware of all the other things I need, swinger, lockout etc, Im just worried about the powerplant now, that shit will come as my pockets allow.... I mean money is a issue i believe with alot of people during these times but I wanna b happy as well, fu@k happy i wanna b scared!

Talked to Kevin at HJR via e-mail and he seemed to think I should go with a stock build, didnt really say why other than costs. But honestly after 525 going by his site for a 4 mill drag port, bore hone pistons rings 4 mill domes etc etc Im right there knocking on cubs door. Im aware of all the other things I need, swinger, lockout etc, Im just worried about the powerplant now, that shit will come as my pockets allow.... I mean money is a issue i believe with alot of people during these times but I wanna b happy as well, fu@k happy i wanna b scared!

Exactly why you should get you a 611 DM!! :evil: But nahh, great quote at the end, fuck it go with the cub!

Exactly why you should get you a 611 DM!! :evil: But nahh, great quote at the end, fuck it go with the cub!

:biggrin: if I got the 611 DM dude wifey would burst a vien in her head, and id be looking for a place to stay hahaha

i vote, get the cub.. my cub is a little stock stroke 392.. it runs hard for what it is, but its setup right.. hell, its not even a drag bike, i ride it anywhere, but i did have to get a overide and lockout.. at full throttle the stock tranny wouldn't shift at all.. but the cubs run real hard.. good luck.

Just to touch base, I went with some drag ported FAST 4 mills, gotta great deal!..... got me some domes cut by NOSS, waiting on gasket kit to come in tomm, and she will be alive tomorrow night. Also Im trading off the T5's for some OOF cpi's.....Now if i can just remember how the damn kicker gear assembly went back in? does it just go back in one way and hook the spring to top case? just doesnt look right to me....

Ohh and I did take yalls advice and get a DD lockup and cover.......

Thanks

Brad