New to banshee's have questions

Hello, i am new to the Banshee forum. I just picked up a 1999 Yamaha Banshee 2 days ago for $2k It has the following mods: t-5 chrome tommeys, dual K&N filters, cool intake tube, v-force reeds, and ported heads.

Bike fires up in 1-2 kicks!

I have a few questions they are:

My left pipe smokes when idling or low rpms and the right pipe doesn't blow smoke. What could this be?

What oil to fuel mixture should i be running 40:1??

The bike has not been ran much in the last 2yrs the guy i bought it from said it was his wifes bike.

I'm not a racer or interested in drag racing it. Just bought it to go out once in awhile with the wife and cruise around.

Any help would be much apperciated thanks!

Here's a pic of it with the bald dirt tires it came with lol. It did come with a NEW set of aluminum wheels and skat trak extreme paddles.

img1915x.th.jpg

img1916h.th.jpg

Edited by bansheerider420

Hello, i am new to the Banshee forum. I just picked up a 1999 Yamaha Banshee 2 days ago for $2k It has the following mods: t-5 chrome tommeys, dual K&N filters, cool intake tube, v-force reeds, and ported heads.

Bike fires up in 1-2 kicks!

I have a few questions they are:

My left pipe smokes when idling or low rpms and the right pipe doesn't blow smoke. What could this be?

What oil to fuel mixture should i be running 40:1??

The bike has not been ran much in the last 2yrs the guy i bought it from said it was his wifes bike.

I'm not a racer or interested in drag racing it. Just bought it to go out once in awhile with the wife and cruise around.

Any help would be much apperciated thanks!

Here's a pic of it with the bald dirt tires it came with lol. It did come with a NEW set of aluminum wheels and skat trak extreme paddles.

do a compression test

Depends on where you are normally about 120-130 stock head. Have you put in new plugs, checked the plug caps and wires, and cleaned the carbs? Have you adjusted and sincronized? A lot of little things to check, 1st thing I would do is new plugs, then carbs, may even be gummed up.