04 banshee

i just got a 04 banshee, i took it to a shop and they checked it and told me evrything is stock except that it has wiseco pistons, and it has cpi pipes, now i do a lot of trail riding and some times theres a straight away or 2, i wanna port and polish the enigine big enough that i can still run 93 octane and go f'n fast, but still ride the trails, i want to get new reeds 2, wut should i get done to her?? i would like advice from the experts from the hq, thanxz chris aka speedman

Best bet for trail would be to ditch those CPIs and go with a trail pipe. The cpis will make a lot of power higher in the revs. Fmfs are a dime a dozen on flea bay, and are an awesome cheap trail pipe. There are mor expensive choices too. As far as porting, basically every builder does a trail/MX port, find a good builder and give em a call. Hope this helps.

Okay didth those spis, unless there inframe pipes

1. go with a trail port

2. VF3 reeds will work

3. K&N air filter for stock box

4. Cool head wiht 20 cc domes

5. +4 timing

6. bigger carbs

7. Get teh crank trued/ welded while your at it.

That shoudl get your biek plenty fast enough. probaly a little too fast for alot fo trail use.

Chris,

A lot will depend on how open or how tight/technical the trails you ride are. CPI's have a bad rap for being a top end only pipe, but with the right porting they can have a very strong but smooth midrange power curve. Your choice of supporting mods (domes or head mods) will depend on your altitude and fuel you plan to run. Tell us a little more about the trails you ride and what you want out of your engine and we can better help you to make a plan.

-Brandon