Boss racing clutch basket = fail

Whitbread

Had to ship my broken basket to Inland ATV in Cali so they could inspect it. That was over a week ago. Talked to Jim's wife to day and she said I bought it 16 months ago. Normally out of warranty. She said they usually don't warranty them because that's the nature of the beast. She said that Jim talked them into getting me one at half price. I could get one shipped for $90. That's a nice gesture and I am thankful for the help but I'm not going to pay another $90 for something that will blow apart after a year or so of riding.

Edited by dave5.0

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had to ship my broken basket to Inland ATV in Cali so they could inspect it. That was over a week ago. Talked to Jim's wife to day and she said I bought it 16 months ago. Normally out of warranty. She said they usually don't warranty them because that's the nature of the beast. She said that Jim talked them into getting me one at half price. I could get one shipped for $90. That's a nice gesture and I am thankful for the help but I'm not going to pay another $90 for something that will blow apart after a year or so of riding.

That's probably a good move. That sucks that is how it wound up though.

That's probably a good move. That sucks that is how it wound up though.

It's about what I expected to happen. I wasn't going to put another Boss basket in after this deal anyway. For as long as I've had it I'm suprised they want that far. If I got another one I probalby would have sold it and then felt bad for selling something that I thought was junk. It's probably best it worked out this way. Hopefully this new Hinson lasts awhile.

PRETTY SURE THAT WAS MESSED UP LONG BEFORE YOU BROKE DOWN.THAT LOOKS OLD.120 HP TWISTER MOTOR AND NO BOSS PROBLEMS.........

How old would you say it is? I guess you are talking about the pics at the beginning of the thread? Mine look worse than that and the basket is 16 months old. That's from purchase not actual use. I don't ride mine that often.

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

Edited by dave5.0

PRETTY SURE THAT WAS MESSED UP LONG BEFORE YOU BROKE DOWN.THAT LOOKS OLD.120 HP TWISTER MOTOR AND NO BOSS PROBLEMS.........

There are acouple instances of these failures floating around now...... I think you must have just found a good backet.

IMO the backets that I have seen the failed pictures of, don't look old, or abused............ they do look poorly made though as evident by their modes of failure. :confused:

How old would you say it is? I guess you are talking about the pics at the beginning of the thread? Mine look worse than that and the basket is 16 months old. That's from purchase not actual use. I don't ride mine that often.

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00342.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DATE ON THE BASKET IS THREE YEARS OLD SO YOU REALLY COULD NOT ASK FOR MUCH ANYHOW.MILLIONS OF PEOPLE SAY MAN I BARELY RIDE IT AND IT JUST FELL APART.IF YOU BOUGHT THAT BASKET BRAND NEW AND THIS HAPPEND IT WOULD BE REPLACED.JUST MY OWN OPINION

DATE ON THE BASKET IS THREE YEARS OLD SO YOU REALLY COULD NOT ASK FOR MUCH ANYHOW.MILLIONS OF PEOPLE SAY MAN I BARELY RIDE IT AND IT JUST FELL APART.IF YOU BOUGHT THAT BASKET BRAND NEW AND THIS HAPPEND IT WOULD BE REPLACED.JUST MY OWN OPINION

Well I don't know how long the basket was on the shelf. I bought it from a very reputable shop that had it drop shipped to me from Boss or Inland. Not sure which. The shop I bought it from told me I bought it 16 months ago. That's not a number I pulled out of my ass. I understand what the millions of people say, but that's not me. I'm not bitching about getting a free basket. If I was to get one I would have sold it anyway. Just like Firehead said it apears to be a poorly made basket. That's the only point I'm trying to get across. The shop I got it from offered to sell me one for half the price of new. I thought that was pretty generous of them for as long as I've had it.