modding help

the background i have had a fl250 "a Honda pilot" for a while and didn't like the fact that i was teased as the "lunch wagon" since mine was the slowest.... my dad has a fl350 at the time and my uncle had his banshee well everyone is upgrade now at 25 i still don't want to be the lunch wagon no more.... my dad is building a singe seat cart similar to a drakart and my uncle is getting the new Yamaha 450 quad

so basically my uncle gave me his banshee "paid 1,000 for it" but it was siting for a little while i took it to the local shop got the carbs cleaned a bit and it idles now but it still seems to be a bit hesitant to move from a dead stop to a go more then normal... i would like a to know what i can do to the quad and give it more power without opening the motor in addition to the normal bolt on parts like pipes and a jet kit...

thanks everyone for your assistance in this matter!

yes we will need to know current mods and then we can go from there. the jet kit is like a generic set of jet sizes that shuold work. i would recommend goin to jetsrus.com and ordering the jets you are goin to need. the gurus on here will be able to get you pretty close if you can tell us mods, elevation, temps.etc..

welcom eto the hq and hope you enjoy your new girlfriend. lol

i just did a jetting on it so far from the dealer idk what they did i just dropped it off and picked it back up... i am kinda nervous to take my shee apart...

one thing i was thinking about after this post is, i am still running the stock ratio of 20:1 in it i called the dealer back they recommended 32:1 i am running yamalube for oil and 91 octane thru the shee

I ride pretty much at sea level in the ventura county area of ca but when i go up north elevation might go to 1k feet dont know what the temp is running since i dont have a gauge to monitor it also is there a fuel gauge i can use "lol i ran out of gas and had to push my shee 1/2 mile back home wasnt fun"

and thanks everyone for the welcome