WTF, is this normal.

I just bought my first Banshee(04). It's setup for racing. It has FMF exhaust. It's bored .040. It has K&N Filters. Here is the problem.? When i'm at about 3500 RPM's and lower it doesn't have a lot of power but when it gets to about 3500 and above it wants to rip the handle bars out of my hands and leave me behind. What could i possibly do to get more bottom end power? I don't know anything about other performance parts in the motor but was told that they invested about $2000 in addons and it doesn't look like it's cosmetic.

well i dont know about 3500 rpm. but that sounds like a banshee. they have power in the lower end but not near as much as it does when you hit the powerband.i could be wrong but sounds normal to me. unless its bogging or lean popping

Edited by BlasterKX

How many 2 strokes have you ridden before this?

Sounds kinda normal, you could always change the gearing and bump up the timing to +4. FMF pipes give decent low end, and thats going to eb your cheapest/easiest way to modify the powerband is pipes. So I'd say that it for the most part how the bike is going to ride, unless you want to start spending some dough on port work/strokers.

well i dont know about 3500 rpm. but that sounds like a banshee. they have power in the lower end but not near as much as it does when you hit the powerband.i could be wrong but sounds normal to me. unless its bogging or lean popping

It does pop at lower RPM's but only every once in a while. It feels like it bogs a lower rpm.

Ya dude, you just described every banshee ive ever seen . thats why they are fuckin awesome, there low end performance turns away pussy drivers. no offense. lol

No Pussy Driver Here. Been 170 MPH in my 07 Vette. And Rookie of the Year in my race car. Just new to Banshee and want my to run right. No Offense Taken. Thanks for all the info. Where can i get a good head? I'd like to have 200 HP.... LOL

Edited by PitSTOPP

I like the Noss head...easy on and off to change out domes for compression. As for 200hp your bet is to put in a 1000cc motor and turbo it. And as for the bottom end you can mess with the air screw to lean or richen up the bottom end. I had my banshee great at idle to WOT.. take some time to tune the bike in to the weather but when you get there you will understand what needs to be done. all in all try turning the air screws out a 1/4 of a turn to lean it up and see if it helps... if not then go back in try with a 1/4 turn in.