Help with jetting 35PWKs, Shearer's, port

Haveing some issues with midrange jetting on bike. Mods are in sig.

Info to know: 90* weather with high humidity, 450' elevation, 15/39 gearing on 20" tires, 240# body weight, 40:1 Honda GN2 oil, BR9ES plugs (1 step colder), carbs are currently 150 mains, 50 pilots, a/f screw 2 turns out, CGL needle clip on 4th setting from butt end.

Have not run plug chop to see if mains are good, but plug looks good from what I can tell. Midrange is real sluggish. Had needle on 3rd clip cause even though I thought I might be rich, something was telling me I am actually lean. It made a little difference, but not much. I have read posts that a CEL needle works better on these carbs cause it is richer and they need more fuel in 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.

Can someone give me a little guidance?

Thanks,

Justin

Haveing some issues with midrange jetting on bike. Mods are in sig.

Info to know: 90* weather with high humidity, 450' elevation, 15/39 gearing on 20" tires, 240# body weight, 40:1 Honda GN2 oil, BR9ES plugs (1 step colder), carbs are currently 150 mains, 50 pilots, a/f screw 2 turns out, CGL needle clip on 4th setting from butt end.

Have not run plug chop to see if mains are good, but plug looks good from what I can tell. Midrange is real sluggish. Had needle on 3rd clip cause even though I thought I might be rich, something was telling me I am actually lean. It made a little difference, but not much. I have read posts that a CEL needle works better on these carbs cause it is richer and they need more fuel in 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.

Can someone give me a little guidance?

Thanks,

Justin

Im at near the same elevation as you with my 35's........250-500ft elevation here, im running 162 mains and 50 on the pilots, screw 1 1/2 turns out, and clip on the 2nd from top, it pulls hard all the way from 1/4 to wot.......id try going in on your screws a 1/2 turn and go to 2nd from top on your clip and see how it feels to ya, make sure you post back the results........

Edited by Ieat4strokes