Best year of the shee

Hey guys I was jw what u guys thought was the best year of the banshee everyone told me the 87 was idk though and what ones were the faset stock

newer is better ... the banshee 87 have a J arm style, the 89 have the A arm type. The engine remain the same except the electric wiring.

hope it can help

They probably say that because 87 was the year Shee was born.

I was told more than once that the 80's Banshees were faster stock then the newer models. I heard that after there were quite a few crashes Yamaha toned them down so there wasen't a ban. This could all be rumors but like I said, I've heard it quite a few times. What do you guys think?

only way they would be faster is cause maybe the j-arms are lighter. but i doubt it would be noticeably. the engine is exactly the same a far as i know. whoever is telling you they toned them down is prolly full of it. someone will correct me if im wrong.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but all banshees were "toned" down. The engine originated in a steet bike called a RZ350 if memory serves me correctly. The engine on the bikes put out more hp than the banshee due inpart to carburation and intake system as well as the exaust. I am 99% certain as some of yall have said all banshee are the same as far as stock speed. I think the yellow ones are the fastest (lol) Other than j ams vs a arm and a couple years had 10" rear wheels thats it.