override shifting problems

ryan380

Hey guys Im new on here. Seems to be alot of knowledge floating around in here. I have a 1-5 override neutral in stock location. Sat. night I was having my best race night ever and in the semi's it wouldnt go into 4th. Went to pit and held throttle 1/4 throttle and it shifted all the way to 5th flawlessly. Then the next pass full throttle, full load it wouldnt go to 4th again and that ended my night. It shifted fine in the pits all the way to 5th again. Fluid was new that night and clutch feels fine as well. Any help would be great!

I Searched for the same problem in here and didnt find it so im sorry if duplicated the topic.

post-32756-1244605008.jpg

Edited by ryan380

Hey guys Im new on here. Seems to be alot of knowledge floating around in here. I have a 1-5 override neutral in stock location. Sat. night I was having my best race night ever and in the semi's it wouldnt go into 4th. Went to pit and held throttle 1/4 throttle and it shifted all the way to 5th flawlessly. Then the next pass full throttle, full load it wouldnt go to 4th again and that ended my night. It shifted fine in the pits all the way to 5th again. Fluid was new that night and clutch feels fine as well. Any help would be great!

I Searched for the same problem in here and didnt find it so im sorry if duplicated the topic.

probably gonna have to pull the cover off and look at the shift shaft.. make sure its adjusted right. Make sure the stop is good and not cracked. (the tab that holds teh shift drum in) Check the nylon bushing to make sure its spacing the hooks from the star correctly. Mine was wore and it was rubbing the screw in the shift drum.

Just gonna have to take that cover off and investigate.. if everything looks good there.. might have to check your shift forks.