260-270 main

85yota

ok my bike had stock internals a toomey t4 exhaust and unifilter with proflow adapter. 260 main jet i dont remember how many clicks on the needles but it ran perfect never even fouled a plug summer or winter. i just did the top end .10over wiesco rebuild +4 timing and boyseen power reeds i wanted to bump the jets a little i have 270s laying around i was curious if i would have to adjust needles from the small jump?

ok my bike had stock internals a toomey t4 exhaust and unifilter with proflow adapter. 260 main jet i dont remember how many clicks on the needles but it ran perfect never even fouled a plug summer or winter. i just did the top end .10over wiesco rebuild +4 timing and boyseen power reeds i wanted to bump the jets a little i have 270s laying around i was curious if i would have to adjust needles from the small jump?

So if you say its ran great all year round, then why would you want to make it run shittier and rich the mains out more?

IMO, if it aint broke and running good don't fuck with it!

Also bumping the timing to +4 and the reeds you got wont need a bigger main IMO.

Edited by savage420

IMO i think u should bump up 280,

with those toomeys on there i would think a 280 main size, but idk much so. :blush:

Depends on altitude and temp and shit like that.

If he was 5000 and hot he could be running very small jetting, but if he was sea level or below and cold, he could have huge jetting.

Edited by savage420

your absolutely right and usually i would just leave it........ seemed it leaned a little on top end nothing really really noticeable

Try both sizes and do this . http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/plugchop.html

Only sure tell way to see if your lean or rich on your mains bro.

Good luck