which pipes to use

Ok no bashing!!!!!

This thing is not working well. Pulls hard down low and into the mid range then goes flat. Might be the jetting I'm running 195 main EEK needle and a 45 pilot pro circuits pipe 180 psi plus 4 timing 32/1 fuel. it starts easy idles fine, It has been so wet here I have not had a place to really open it up but still seems flat. Any ideas.

Tim

I'm taking apart the other shee for trans problems I might try the lectron on this one. The lectron works well from bottom to top.

the Pro Circuits are good for low-mid. but do seem to drop off on the top. i noticed that to.

Mine run good enough for me and are easy to take care of and my motors last alot longer. I have more trouble with the trans staying togather. The one I run the single lectron on has had to have second gear replaced several time but the top end is still good. i change the rings and give it a hone when the trans breaks and still have 170psi.

Tim

Thats tranny has nothin to do with your 2 into 1...I will race you myself if I make it to Big Rock with my stock carbs and lil ole WILD CARD trail port...... :cool:

EDIT: How do your motors last longer running 1 carb?????????????????

Dam if they drop off that bad they will be going down the road. My 2 into 1 motofast does not drop as bad as this motor is doing with the Pro circuits.

With two carbs if one screws up the bike will still run but may lean out on one cylinder I have seen it a pilot jet or main plugged and lose a cylinder just melt it down. Basically my motor last longer than guys I know running two carbs. The one I'm pulling apart now ( Trans problem) was rebuilt October 2004 becuase of trans then and still is 170psi checked last night and the kids have road the shit out of it.

I don't have any real port work but it is always fun to race. Might open my eye's to get it done for real.

Why did you go with Wild Card and not one of the others on here.

My 2 cents

Tim

There could be a multitude of things from the setup as a whole that will make the bike flat. What clip position is the needle in? Timing set at? Reed Petals? Compression? Porting?

Is the bike hesitant, or is it gurgling?

Pro circuits are a low-mid pipe. They only rev to 8,500-8,800 rpm on a stock motor with twin carbs. So your now probably making power to about 8,000-8,300 with that single carb on there. You cant drag race a trail bike, so its gonna need to be setup one way or another. The 2 into 1 intake will accelerate faster off the bottom than the twin carbs. However, it will sacrifice top end. Stay away from the 2 into 1 pipe. They pull really horrible powercurve numbers on the dyno, and are a pain in the ass to ride with. Pro circuits so far have been the best low-mid pipes we have tested and found to work.

Hey thanks

Fresh bore new reeds 180psi plus 4 timing clip one from the top eek needle.

This thing pulls hard no hesitation at all from low thru the middle then goes flat 3/4 to full I have never felt this before it actually seem rich so I'm going to change the needle. Running a eek I'm going to try a dgk should be leaner right? I have not got to run it completely out yet we have had 3 inches of rain the last 2 days the field where i check jetting is soaked just a mess. I lowered the main from195 to 185 didn't make any difference.

As far as drag racing we just play. I know the ported bikes with dual carbs are usally faster. It just amazes some of them how well the 2 into 1 runs.

I have read many of your post thanks for the wealth of information on the 2 into 1 set ups.

I have the moto-fast manifold and Lectron carb on one it runs great and is easy to take care of.

Tim

Edited by toolman

The idle screw is in all most all of the way. It has a 48 pilot and the air screw is out 1 and a half turns. I had played with the clip on the eek needle kept moving it up not much change. I put the DGK needle in put the clip in the middle then moved it up one and it is alot better but as i said earlier it is really wet I'm breaking the tire loose in fourth so it is hard to get a good plug reading.

thanks

Tim

The idle screw depth may be giving you an issue. See if you can slack the cable and get the slide down as far as possible with it still idling. Also try putting the air screw out at 2.0-2.5 turns and see if anything changes. Thats an awful big pilot jet to be running. I would put the 190-195 main in it if your 1,000 ft or below. These setups run primarily 90% off the needle depending on your pipes and what rpm they pull. Remember, pilot jet and air screw setup will effect idle, and idle screw depth will effect how it runs will low-mid throttle power. You get the motor warm, and adjust the air screw for optimal crisp idle and throttle response. We usually run these setups at 195 main, eek or eej needle, 42 pilot jet with the air screw at 1.0-1.5 turns. If your running race gas, plug checks will tell you nothing.

I'm at about 500 feet. Will try backing the cable off tomorrow never even thought about it, but it makes sense. That is the smallest pilot I have right now. I started with a 195 main and a eek needle then tryed a 185 main no change at all. Thanks for the help I will make changes and post tomorrow.

Tim

I'm at about 500 feet. Will try backing the cable off tomorrow never even thought about it, but it makes sense. That is the smallest pilot I have right now. I started with a 195 main and a eek needle then tryed a 185 main no change at all. Thanks for the help I will make changes and post tomorrow.

Tim