Stator cover

I took my stator cover off to show a guy my modded fly wheel and the thing is all rusty full of dryed mud.I do not know how it even ran. It has the factory rubber seal. So does any one have this problem and how do you correct it. Just thinking and need to check where the wires come in for the stator maybe it is not sealed good.

Thanks

Tim

I took my stator cover off to show a guy my modded fly wheel and the thing is all rusty full of dryed mud.I do not know how it even ran. It has the factory rubber seal. So does any one have this problem and how do you correct it. Just thinking and need to check where the wires come in for the stator maybe it is not sealed good.

Thanks

Tim

I put a layer of rtv silicone on both sides of the rubber gasket when i put mine back on.I've seen plenty of nasty flywheels and mine isn't gonna be one of them

There is moisture in the air trapped inside when the cover is put on. Make sure the grommet/boot on the wire harness is in good shape and seal it to the case with RTV. I have never had to use any extra sealant with the factory gasket and cover, however, with an aftermerket cover and/or gasket it is a different story. LOL