would you buy a fuel injection system

hey just chimen in that place you all were talking about in kansas here. the name of the company is jsr performance or john stallworth racing he was the one who built my 421 cub. when i picked my shee up he was working on a shee set up with fuel injection. he runs the pikes peak run every year is what he told me. the guy is a banshee guru also his website is bigboremotors.com :thumbsup:

Edited by treybird

hey just chimen in that place you all were talking about in kansas here. the name of the company is jsr performance or john stallworth racing he was the one who built my 421 cub. when i picked my shee up he was working on a shee set up with fuel injection. he run the pikes peak run every year is what he told me. the guy is a banshee guru aslo his website is bigboremotors.com :thumbsup:

Two different guys but worked on the same bike as I understand. Kevin Gigot and John Stallworth. Two different guys, two different places but both work a lot with Banshee stuff. Kevin is a good guy... Have not talked to John in years.

B

I think its great if your always going to ride the same temp. same elevation but if you live in florida and take a trip to say any place with any real elevation you'll have to make an appointment with your local shop and spend $100 to $300 to get your shit re-mapped unless your a computer geek and want to spend all your time messing with this shit. I do all my own work on everything I own and I find it a lot easier to remove a carb and swap some jets and get the hell up the road without depending on anybody else. Besides in todays world who can you really trust besides yourself. People today will fuck your shit up just so you will pay them to fix it.

I think its great if your always going to ride the same temp. same elevation but if you live in florida and take a trip to say any place with any real elevation you'll have to make an appointment with your local shop and spend $100 to $300 to get your shit re-mapped unless your a computer geek and want to spend all your time messing with this shit. I do all my own work on everything I own and I find it a lot easier to remove a carb and swap some jets and get the hell up the road without depending on anybody else. Besides in todays world who can you really trust besides yourself. People today will fuck your shit up just so you will pay them to fix it.

I think that is one of the benefits of fuel injection. You usually have some type of O2, throttle position, and all that so you don't have to change, it does it itself. That takes elevation, temp and all that out of the equation. You just have to get the air fuel set up in the beginning and then it should self adjust.

I think that is one of the benefits of fuel injection. You usually have some type of O2, throttle position, and all that so you don't have to change, it does it itself. That takes elevation, temp and all that out of the equation. You just have to get the air fuel set up in the beginning and then it should self adjust.

This is not entirely true I also have a 2005 Harley Davidson road king with a carb and a good friend of mine has a 2004 Harley Davidson Heritage soft tail fuel injected we both live in Maryland. And last year we went to sturgis I jetted my bike before we went he assumed that his computer would take care of it and when we got to sturgis his bike didnt run worth a shit he had to rent a bike for three days because thats how long of a wait there was and it costed him $375 not counting bike rental to get remapped. OEM computers peramiters are only so big. I also have 1996 Mustang GT and when I rebuilt the motor is choose such a large lift and duration that the OEM computer would'nt even start the car. I had to have a chip burned to take over were the computer left off. Bump for Powertrain Dynamics Hunington Beach California they got my shit running like a raped ape. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

This is not entirely true I also have a 2005 Harley Davidson road king with a carb and a good friend of mine has a 2004 Harley Davidson Heritage soft tail fuel injected we both live in Maryland. And last year we went to sturgis I jetted my bike before we went he assumed that his computer would take care of it and when we got to sturgis his bike didnt run worth a shit he had to rent a bike for three days because thats how long of a wait there was and it costed him $375 not counting bike rental to get remapped. OEM computers peramiters are only so big. I also have 1996 Mustang GT and when I rebuilt the motor is choose such a large lift and duration that the OEM computer would'nt even start the car. I had to have a chip burned to take over were the computer left off. Bump for Powertrain Dynamics Hunington Beach California they got my shit running like a raped ape. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

There are always limits. Massive changes in elevation might be one. I've got a pile of Mustangs too. You can only go so far with mods before you have to remap. The newer fuel injected 4 wheelers are like that also. They are nice since there is no choke to deal with. I'd trade my bike for something fast and fuel injected anyday.

There are always limits. Massive changes in elevation might be one. I've got a pile of Mustangs too. You can only go so far with mods before you have to remap. The newer fuel injected 4 wheelers are like that also. They are nice since there is no choke to deal with. I'd trade my bike for something fast and fuel injected anyday.

Thats exactly why I have my mustang because its fast and fuel injected oh yea and its a FORD

Do you have any idea what the life span of a normal, heated element, close band O2 sensor in a piston port two stroke engine...... Not very long.

I think most of what folks are doing with Banshee FIS is open loop (non-feedback style). In this case, the only inputs would be TP, MAP, RPM, and possibly clutch in/out or vehicle speed.

Do you have any idea what the life span of a normal, heated element, close band O2 sensor in a piston port two stroke engine...... Not very long.

I think most of what folks are doing with Banshee FIS is open loop (non-feedback style). In this case, the only inputs would be TP, MAP, RPM, and possibly clutch in/out or vehicle speed.

Didn't know that. Thanks for schooling me. If that's the case I think that kinda sucks. I would own 4 stroke FI but doesn't sound like the 2 stroke setup is much better than a carb. Still gets better delivery I would imagine but it's not monitoring so you still have to tune like a carb. Not for me. That's always been one of the advantages to me of having FI.