the never ending money pit

so about a year ago, i sent my banshee motor to jeff at fast. he did an amazing job on it, i love it. but the other night i was riding and the tranny let lose. called up jeff asked him a few quistions about it , and then tore the bike apart. there is a few teeth missing from three gears. talk to jeff some more and he said sent it down here and we will take care of it free of labor. and he never even did anything to the tranny, he just built up the motor side of it. the tranny going out really wasnt because of him in any way but he has taken it upon him self to fix it. now what cn i do to the tranny to make it as bullet proof as i can. and jeff is a great guy to do work with and builds a hell of an motor. the mods are listed below

so about a year ago, i sent my banshee motor to jeff at fast. he did an amazing job on it, i love it. but the other night i was riding and the tranny let lose. called up jeff asked him a few quistions about it , and then tore the bike apart. there is a few teeth missing from three gears. talk to jeff some more and he said sent it down here and we will take care of it free of labor. and he never even did anything to the tranny, he just built up the motor side of it. the tranny going out really wasnt because of him in any way but he has taken it upon him self to fix it. now what cn i do to the tranny to make it as bullet proof as i can. and jeff is a great guy to do work with and builds a hell of an motor. the mods are listed below

override or lockup clutch and you should be fine

override or lockup clutch and you should be fine

I dunno how a lockup clutch or override is gonna make his tranny more durable. From your mods and tires and such listed in your sig, I'm gonna assume that you ride dirt and trails. In both cases, I doubt I'd recommend either of those options.

Transmissions are funny. I had one that acted like it was skipping a tooth on the chain every once in awhile under load, and when we pulled it apart, it was hard to see the wear on the cog that caused it. About all you can do is inspect everything thoroughly and replace anything that's worn with new. They're pretty bullet proof for most bikes that are not fullout drag bikes with over 100HP. Even then, they use the stock gears aside from a billet 2nd.

Just use good tranny oil and don't use worn out shit and you should be ok.