Might be in the market for a nice stock swinger

dave5.0

Should have seen that coming. How much over are you running on your bike know? I was considering going an inch or two, but I'm a tight ass. Be alot cheaper to just throw another stocker on there. I haven't seen any for sale to know pricing. Haven't looked till now though. It's stock so it can't be worth much right? If it was worth anything you wouldn't have taken it off. :evil:

Why go stock get a +2 better performance and looks ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-4-6-Yamah...alenotsupported

~DaVe

That doesn't look too bad price wise. What's it do to my trail riding and hill climbing? It's gotta be better for drag racing I'm sure. Am I going to notice a big difference in the way it handles in normal riding? Who's got one of these particular ones? Do you make them or just happen to find it? Looks like all my stock shit will go right back on. Just need some more chain.

I guess I would need a 2 over? Don't think I want to go over that. Can I still use the stock shock? That extra length gonna effect how well it works? Tighten up the spring or something?

Edited by dave5.0

That doesn't look too bad price wise. What's it do to my trail riding and hill climbing? It's gotta be better for drag racing I'm sure. Am I going to notice a big difference in the way it handles in normal riding? Who's got one of these particular ones? Do you make them or just happen to find it? Looks like all my stock shit will go right back on. Just need some more chain.

I guess I would need a 2 over? Don't think I want to go over that. Can I still use the stock shock? That extra length gonna effect how well it works? Tighten up the spring or something?

I have the one in the eBay link I posted .. when I bought my 'SHEE it was +6 (way to much for a "stock" engine bike) so I bought the +2 to shorten it, and so it would fit in my pickup bed ....

the +2 turns A LOT better than the +6 ever did that is the first thing I noticed .. the +2 doesn't seem to turn much different than the stocker, but makes hill climbs (steep hills) quite a bit easier ...

All the stock stuff bolts right up, you will need a longer chain ( I bought a 520x116) and maybe a longer rear brake line ...

~DaVe

I got a stock black swinger from an 04. Nothing wrong with it, bearings are still good. Id like to get 50 + shipping. If your interested PM me an email and Ill send pics and try to get a shipping price tomorrow.

I'm going to keep that $50 in mind. I think I need to go with the +2 though. I'd like to make it a little faster out of the hole when drag racing. It's a mother keeping the front end down on this thing. I just don't want to sacrifice any trail riding ability to do it. Sometimes I ride some nasty rutted out rocky crap. I've never ridden any actual dunes (hopefully that will change), mainly just flat sand and at the Badlands once in a while.

Ya I know. The $25 looks alot better than the 200+ at the moment. I might get one eventually. Or tweek a stock one. I like the way it rides stock, other than the wheelies when racing. I keep telling myself I'll get the hang of that.