liksys router wrt54g

ok so i bought this thing last year.and the problem is something happend and it wont let me get the ps3 on line with it.well i called liksys and they tried to sell me 6 months of free tech support well i can buy another one for that.he said its a setting on the router my question is can anny one help me?i can get on the internet with the router on the home base thats hard wired in to the router but not wireless

thanx Ray

ok so i bought this thing last year.and the problem is something happend and it wont let me get the ps3 on line with it.well i called liksys and they tried to sell me 6 months of free tech support well i can buy another one for that.he said its a setting on the router my question is can anny one help me?i can get on the internet with the router on the home base thats hard wired in to the router but not wireless

thanx Ray

here is the new mesage im getting

administrator privilage required

you must b logged on as a user with administrator privilages to modify the computers configuration for home network

thanx Ray

Sup man? These are fairly easy to configure. If you haven't made ANY changes to it, what you need to do is type 192.168.1.1 into your web browser. If you haven't changed the password, you login using a blank user name, and admin for the password. That's according to their documentation. Here's a setup guide for it:

Linksys wrt54g documentation

I'm not sure what product version you have, but it may different than the one i chose. You can choose that here:

WRT54G Support Page

Anyways, after logging in, change your SSID, your default username/password settings, your wireless password, etc. it goes through all of it in the links above. Hope that helps at least point you in the right direction.

AFter doing your initial configurations, try connecting to your new wireless name (SSID) that you created using the new password you created. Best of luck!

Sup man? These are fairly easy to configure. If you haven't made ANY changes to it, what you need to do is type 192.168.1.1 into your web browser. If you haven't changed the password, you login using a blank user name, and admin for the password. That's according to their documentation. Here's a setup guide for it:

Linksys wrt54g documentation

I'm not sure what product version you have, but it may different than the one i chose. You can choose that here:

WRT54G Support Page

Anyways, after logging in, change your SSID, your default username/password settings, your wireless password, etc. it goes through all of it in the links above. Hope that helps at least point you in the right direction.

AFter doing your initial configurations, try connecting to your new wireless name (SSID) that you created using the new password you created. Best of luck!

well thanx for replying but i must b an idiot i re configured the whole thing put blank as the name and admin as the password and it still cant find the internet.the router says it cant find it but im using it to get on the net threw the hard wire well might b cheaper and less stressful to buy a new one

Google it, there's a TON of sites out there. That router doesn't like the Xbox Live server either so there is a bunch of info.

I did a remote assistance with ray earlier...

All of the settings are fine.

Im starting to think that the router has an issue as it is not seeing the ps3 at all.

Its either that or the wireless card on the ps3 has an issue.

Dan

Well, the thing with the Xbox live, and this may be completely different, is that you have to open up certain portals for different games on xbox live. Not sure who the hell set it up like that but it's dumb.

Same thing for some PC games and aplications that need to access the internet.

Different games and apps run on different ports.

Dan

• 2 months later...

ok, a little late, i guess.. but, look up dd-wrt, and replace the firmware. you will be able to do 100 different things, including overclocking, signal boost, gaming optimising, etc. it doesn't have psp support on the version i'm running right now, but it's a cool thing to play with. that router is kinda skimpy, though, so you have to run the miro firmware, and mind the heat if you wanna push it. funny thing, the dd-wrt firmware is based off that router, and made to work with many different routers.

The dd-wrt fw is very nice if you need any of the features it provides, in his case with limited knowledge I dont think dd-wrt should even be mentioned as a solution.

Xbox live service is very easy to hookup, either enable UpNp or forward the Xbox live ports.

The problem he is having as i've had this same problem also. Is that his ps3 will not connect to the wireless signal the router is transmiting. I dont own a ps3 so I really cannot be that great of help, only suggestion I can give you is to find some online PS3 documentation and read it. Because the problem is more than likely with the ps3 and not the router.

If you can get ahold of a long ethernet cable and make it look conceled and nice at the same time I would just hardwire it also, it will save you alot of time and possible headache.

the thing about the firmware is like an update for the connectivity support. plus, a couple features anyone can use. i barely did anything with mine, but it was nice to unlock the router/boost signal and tweak a little, which anyone can do. the unit itself is pretty shitty in manufacturing, but i believe i remember the firmware fixing the problems like ps3 compatibility, among other things.