General consensus?

does the FAST clutch use fzr1000 fibers? Ive heard that before somewhere...... I ordered toomey springs a few days ago, called jeff today and got a pancake bearing and FAST clutch. Wish id known jeffs kit comes with springs, lol o well ill have some extras.... I want to do a lockout but ima wait on a deal for a cover lol

you might only use three of those toomey springs mixed with three stockers.unless you have massive popeye forearms like me...lol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats ok im fine with tusk.... I have ran one in my raptor with 52hp to the wheels for three dunes season and with trail riding. Just now pulling the motor out to put new rings on the piston and some more port work... So if it can hang on to riding the dog piss like that out of it then im pleased to use the shit of clutch. as for the banshee. only have 10hrs of ride time on it. And its not that hard to change out the clutch on the banshee. Might even move to a lockout after this clutch.

In my mind, there is still nothing you said that would justify him putting a tusk clutch in a drag bike.

Rear wheel dynos are not accurate at all, and you always get what you pay for.

does the FAST clutch use fzr1000 fibers? Ive heard that before somewhere...... I ordered toomey springs a few days ago, called jeff today and got a pancake bearing and FAST clutch. Wish id known jeffs kit comes with springs, lol o well ill have some extras.... I want to do a lockout but ima wait on a deal for a cover lol

Yes they are the FZR style fibers, and it comes w/springs, and steels.

Pic below:

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=34

Oh and cheaper then Cascade is a bonus! :thumbsup:

Im not trying to tell him about putting a tusk clutch in a drag bike...I was just saying I have had good luck with them. And I know rear wheel dyno's are not true...But still give me an idea what my bikes are pushing out...

Well the post is asking what clutch he should get, he has a full drag port and t5's. Then you say all the stuff about the tusk. So I think just about everyone read it as you trying to sell him on a tusk clutch for his bike.

Rear wheel dyno numbers are not even accurate enough to give you an idea of what your hp is. Dynojet released info admitting their correction factor programs are up to 15% inaccurate. So if your bike actually read 52hp on the dyno, it could have actually been 44 hp. Hp readings on a rear wheel dyno are not rear wheel hp. It is a projected crank hp reading.

Tusk=Shit, you get what you pay for.

Not always true.. I've ran Tusk kits in every one of my bikes.. 2 Banshee's, Raptor, YFZ450 and my 250r. Everyone of the motors was built and they held up... Oh.. and they also held on my 70+ hp drag bike with no lockup. (and thats taking off your so called 15%)

I ran a Tusk kit on my 4mil drag ported cub with no problems for 2yrs.. And i'll probably be running the same Tusk kit next year. Tusk isn't a bad kit and is a viable option. But if you sleep better at night just by spending 60-70 bucks more on a clutch kit. More power to ya.

I find Snop to be quite the cranky bastard if you don't agree w/him..... He seems to know it all as well. :down:

nothing wrong with bein a know it all. :geek:

snop has helped a lot of people out on the hq thanks to all the shit he knows. their are a lot of things i wouldn't know if he weren't a know it all. :blush:

nothing wrong with bein a know it all. :geek:

snop has helped a lot of people out on the hq thanks to all the shit he knows. their are a lot of things i wouldn't know if he weren't a know it all. :blush:

Problem is.. He dont know it all.. There is no problems with running a Tusk kit in a drag bike.. To state otherwise and tell someone else their wrong then try to belittle them for suggesting it is bullshit..

"Well the post is asking what clutch he should get, he has a full drag port and t5's. Then you say all the stuff about the tusk. So I think just about everyone read it as you trying to sell him on a tusk clutch for his bike."

Whats wrong with suggesting a Tusk kit?? Lots of people have had great luck with the Tusk kits in their DRAG bikes.

I dont know a single person with a drag bike that runs a tusk clutch in it. I do know people with stock, and ported 350's, and even 4 mill dune bikes. I have seen those clutches come apart, discolor the plates from heat, and I have seen the bottom fiber plates break into several pieces. This is on bikes from near stock power with pipes, all the way up to 80hp. So, as I said, tusk=shit. You always get what you pay for. There is a reason you can buy it for $45.99, that reason is, its made from low grade materials. Banshees stock have an anemic clutch. It should be bigger. They hold up ok, but constant abuse takes a toll on them, hence you need to invest in quality parts. The first time one of those tusk clutches comes apart, eats a crankseal, and you have to split the cases. Then you will have wished you spent the extra money for a quality clutch kit.

As for the supposed claim on the rear wheel dyno correction factors, members like firehead can backup my claims.

Regarding my know it all attitude: Its hard for other people to see the emotion put behind words when they are in text format. I usually leave most of the answers on the forum for others to answer. If I see someone giving what I feel is a wrong answer by theory or personal experience, then I will pipe up and give my opinion. I am not on the other end of the computer thinking about how I can be a dick. However, if someone comes up with a post that I feel is the completely wrong direction to go in, I am going to say something about it. Last thing I want to do is give someone bad advice, or let them follow advice that can lead them to frustrastion, and downtime on a riding trip. Ultimately bad advice leads to extra money and time invested in fixing a problem. So you can follow anyones advice you like, but since when does it make sense to spend a ton of money on pipes, carbs, port work, reeds, a head, motor work, and then not spend it on the clutch? Doesn't make sense to me, makes me think "maybe there is a reason why this part costs this much and it is so popular".

Problem is.. He dont know it all.. There is no problems with running a Tusk kit in a drag bike.. To state otherwise and tell someone else their wrong then try to belittle them for suggesting it is bullshit..

hey now, dont quote me on the snop is a "know it all". quot the original author....

I find Snop to be quite the cranky bastard if you don't agree w/him..... He seems to know it all as well. :down:

^^^^^ :biggrin:

im not saying he actually does know it all, im just sayin he knows a lot. theres a difference.

as for him soundin like a dick when responding to people, i think its just how you read it. when i read his response it just sounded like a guy stating his opinion based of personal experiences. didnt seem (to me) like he was callin anybody that thought different stupid or anything. i dont know, maybe its just me... :shrug:

guess i've just learned to not take anything anybody ever says on here personal.