Throttle getting stuck after riding through water and fuel valve Q

Whenever I either clean my shee with high-pressure water cleaner, or ride through deep water and then ride, first 10 minutes the throttle gets randomly stuck.

When I wash my shee and wait 24 hours before riding, it does the same thing.

What causes this? Where gets the water and it's not supposed to? Are the slides in carbs causing this?

And my second question, when I have opened the fuel valve, and accelerate, it bogs and backfires and dies - I suppose it's not getting enough fuel through. When I switch to reserve, everything works fine - should I remove the fuel valve and clean it? I can't imagine how it could get dirty...

Thanks!

Im assuming you are talking about stock carbs right?

I had so many problems with them sticking even when slightly damp.

Sometimes when I would take the bike out of my basement garage into 80+ degree heat the condensation would make them stick for a few minutes. It sucked. They are just a really shitty design. I switched to pwk's and never had a problem since.

Also, there is screens in the fuel petcock that can get clogged. If more fuel is moving with the reserve them Im sure your normal valve screen is just clogged up. You can take it out and clean it pretty easy.

Yeah pretty common when the carbs suck water. Leave the airbox on when riding through water, and cover the filter(s) with a plastic bag when washing.

Mine stuck wide open going through a field that I thought was not wet or muddy. I couldn't stop or turn around, so I just had to turn the kill switch on and off for about an eight mile to the end of the field. I hate mud.

Yes, I have stock carbs.

I have lid on, with holes drilled in it. Whenever I wash my shee, I ducktape the holes in airbox lid, so absolutely NO WATER AT ALL gets onto the air filter (I use KN w/ outerwear).

So you are saying I should invest in new carbs for safety reasons? Which ones do you reccomend, and which size? Stock? I don't want to increase mileage.

Right now I have these motor mods: Timing plate +4, kn airfilter w/ holes in lid, toomey T5's,

have you done the tors removal? have you lubed your cables? check your cable retainers, and make sure they aren't bolted on backwards. there is a little relief hole in the slide underneath the retainer. it should be uncovered

have you done the tors removal? have you lubed your cables? check your cable retainers, and make sure they aren't bolted on backwards. there is a little relief hole in the slide underneath the retainer. it should be uncovered

I have removed tors, I haven't lubed the cable (it's in "protective hose", it is impossible to lube, isn't it?)

It get's never stuck, unless It get's in contact with water..

I have removed tors, I haven't lubed the cable (it's in "protective hose", it is impossible to lube, isn't it?)

It get's never stuck, unless It get's in contact with water..

you remove the cable from the thumb throttle and dump motor oil or cable lube inside and work the cable in and out