NOS!

Ok iv decided my next mod major mod will be some nos. anyone have any tips or information on exatly how the kits bolt up like with the injectors? are they just threded in to the filters then sucked threw the intake, also i was told that nos bill damige carbon fiber reeds and posibly make them shater? is this true and where would i get the special ones and what are they?

Also what is the standered theory about compreshin and nos? lower better or higher?

What about a cool head? will they work ok with nos?

My bike is stock stroke, prot and polish 34mm keihn carbs, Custom K&N Filters, Pro circuit pipes, .20 over, stock head, lightened flywheel, +2 advanced timeing 18 paddle paddle brats on 18in itp rims 6in extended swing arm, 43 tooth rear sprockit and 14 front, aftermarkit one pice crank, (fairly fresh rebuild only a year, maby 14 days on)

I would run a wet system, first off!! I went thru this last year at this time and ended up going with motor work after I bought and installed all the NOS stuff!! When you do NOW, you will change your plugs and your timing a little bit as well!! That is just my .02, not a pro by any means, but since I just went thru it, thought I would share what I found out!! Good luck!

Wet is the way to go... should have fun adding a fuel pump to your bike. put cooler plugs in and watch the timing. And if and when you do Do the NOS.... dont hold the button very long. I had a buddy of mine hold it to long and the bike went BOOM. So if your just wanting a fast bike then go with a head like NOSS that you can change out the domes. Oh ya watch the bottom end on crank as well it needs to be trued and weld. From looking at you mods you will see some gain in a Head with some domes and upping the timing to +4 and you didnt say if your jugs are ported... If not then Porting is a big step as well. Nos is the short time piston melting fun. There are going to be some people like me to put there .02 in so have fun and best of luck. You also may want to looking into calling NOS and talking to them about what your trying to do and see if they have any input for 2stroke

Ok iv decided my next mod major mod will be some nos. anyone have any tips or information on exatly how the kits bolt up like with the injectors? are they just threded in to the filters then sucked threw the intake, also i was told that nos bill damige carbon fiber reeds and posibly make them shater? is this true and where would i get the special ones and what are they?

Also what is the standered theory about compreshin and nos? lower better or higher?

What about a cool head? will they work ok with nos?

My bike is stock stroke, prot and polish 34mm keihn carbs, Custom K&N Filters, Pro circuit pipes, .20 over, stock head, lightened flywheel, +2 advanced timeing 18 paddle paddle brats on 18in itp rims 6in extended swing arm, 43 tooth rear sprockit and 14 front, aftermarkit one pice crank, (fairly fresh rebuild only a year, maby 14 days on)

Just do it !!! :biggrin:

lol. ya i know its nnot a plug and play item thats why im hear tryin to get peoples .02 cents anyway. yes my jugs are ported and polished (and i did state that with my info i stated in the list of my mods, anyway ya iv been told a wet system is the best way to go and i have found systems specifically designed for the banshee as well as other 2 stroke engins. i just need to know about the reeds braking apart thing if anyone has any info on that.

K here is what I know about are friend nitrous oxide. High compression and nos don't mix, and here's why: when you spray your introducing a very oxygen rich gas in to your in take stream that is very cool and there for dense. When it hits you nice warm cylinder it will but the laws of nature expand and if your running high compression well, things will go boom. :down: Now for the why you should run a wet system: since your adding more oxygen to your fuel air mix your going to create a very lean condition that will make power like no other for a very limited amount of time but it will turn your pistons in to modern art master pieces in a short order. :down: So when your setting up your foggers I my self would go a little richer on the fuel side and then tune down! The button: SAVE YOUR SELF AND YOUR ENGINE AND MAKE IT A MOMENTARY SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's why: when you on the juice and the fear of death has now exceeded the thrill of speed and every thing in your mind says back out of the throttle you just can't shut her down and think wow that's so much fun I'm sportin a cub, nope you have to let off the switch and stay in the throttle for a few seconds more to make sure every thing in the intake tract has been cleared or what happens is you still have stuff trickling in to a engine that is trying to slow down and well it can and will go boom. My best advice to you is read every thing you can find about how to set up,run and tune with nitrous before you slap it on the ol bike and give it a whirl! good luck and let us know how it works out!

Run a wet kit and i recommend mounting the fogger nozzles in the intakes.personally i preferred billet intakes and i just rdrilled and tapped holes.I fabbed up my own brackets and mounted a little trailer battery box under my seat and used a cordless drill battery for power.it worked like a champ.I also mounded a solid plate across the bolt holes for the gas tank and mounted my NOS on/off switch and my thermostat switch there.Basically the switches were hidden and i pulled the seat to turn it on or off.Then ran the micro switch up to the handlebar. also you will need to run a pingel line for the nos fuel pump.One single line with a T coming off the stock gas line is never gonna work being gravity fed,you will run the bowls dry in a heart beat and as stated you wanna be rich running nos then tune it.Also you will need to back the timing down a bit depending on what shot you are using and your compression. Have fun man.i wish i never sold my kit but it's all good.I'm sure i will get another soon

• 2 weeks later...
Run a wet kit and i recommend mounting the fogger nozzles in the intakes.personally i preferred billet intakes and i just rdrilled and tapped holes.I fabbed up my own brackets and mounted a little trailer battery box under my seat and used a cordless drill battery for power.it worked like a champ.I also mounded a solid plate across the bolt holes for the gas tank and mounted my NOS on/off switch and my thermostat switch there.Basically the switches were hidden and i pulled the seat to turn it on or off.Then ran the micro switch up to the handlebar. also you will need to run a pingel line for the nos fuel pump.One single line with a T coming off the stock gas line is never gonna work being gravity fed,you will run the bowls dry in a heart beat and as stated you wanna be rich running nos then tune it.Also you will need to back the timing down a bit depending on what shot you are using and your compression. Have fun man.i wish i never sold my kit but it's all good.I'm sure i will get another soon

what about the howl brakin the reeds thing? bunch of bs???? or can i use the norma lcarbon fiber ones like v force has?