best way to get studs out of the block

ok gave it a shot today and the studs that hold the cylinders on the block are one tough mofo to get out I dont know if its just the fact they have been in there 11 years or if they are all that way I just dont want to mess the threads up in the block. I sprayed some PB Blaster on them and I guess I will try again tommorow but what is everyones expierience with getting them out?

if you dont have to take them out leave them alone. But if you do have to get them out you are going to chance ripping out the threads becuase they have been in there for so long. Take two nuts and screw them down. I like using the top one to tighten down on the wrench and the lower nut and back it off. Makes a little more work but I don't have to deal with the nut getting to far down on the stud and locking to the base. I hope it made sense reading, I know what I am trying to say but not sure if I typed it that way.

if you dont have to take them out leave them alone. But if you do have to get them out you are going to chance ripping out the threads becuase they have been in there for so long. Take two nuts and screw them down. I like using the top one to tighten down on the wrench and the lower nut and back it off. Makes a little more work but I don't have to deal with the nut getting to far down on the stud and locking to the base. I hope it made sense reading, I know what I am trying to say but not sure if I typed it that way.

The bottom case studs are the hardest to get out, even the snap-on stud puller will strip them.. Take your time and work with them, maybe use a lil heat.. Other than that good luck!

the point is straight across to me this is exactly as I tried to do and nothing happened just rounded some nuts out I am really hopeing I dont have to use the torch on them! It works great but I dont want to strew anything up. I have had to do it before and some things turned out great but at the same time others didnt

oh ya these are the top cylinder studs I am talking about like I said I would like to use heat but I dont want to fuck them up right away. If I do use heat I wouldnt mind to have an extra set of cases around just incase I mess the originals up. I like most likely everyone else has had good expirences and bad one Im trying to aviod the bad one at this point lol

In my experience, you will more likely screw them up without heat. In my opinion, i would heat the hell out of them (concentrate heat on stud only) get them out and then replace them. Cascade sells them, they aren't that expensive

what I am going to use I dont need those studs I am just having a hell of a time getting them out of the block I would like to use them again in the future but if they are messed up then that is that and on to the next one

Don't knock this till you've tried it.

Hot candle wax...drip some down the stud as best you can...it really does work, honest!

Those case studs are 100% luck of the draw. Could snap 'em, could back out ok....just depends on your luck.

I'd advise against using too much heat, you don't want to warp the aluminum either....

Heat up the stud/area with a propane torch (not too hot) and melt a candle against it...it'll run into the threads...try that.

heat the case, not the stud. the aluminum will expand long before the steel. if you can, compressed air on the top of the stud will keep it cooler as you heat the stud.

never actually tried the wax trick..., but did have aluminum that required some quick acetelene- not recomending on your cases, though.

Heating the cases is a bad idea, you dont want to warp them, so dont put heat on them. Trust me heating the studs works great. I have welded nuts on broken studs, and the heat from welding (which is completely directed on stud) lets them back right out. I have heard of the wax trick also, guys swear by it, but you still need to put some heat to the stud to get the wax to penetrate.

well the way it sits right now I havent got any of them out tried for about an hour last night and none of them wanted to come out and I still would like to reuse the studs in the future I just need to take them out for a monoblock I am sticking on there so it sounds like the thing I am going to try today is the was trick if I cant get that to work I will use the oxy torch I dont want to but I have had good expieriences with it before and bad ones we will see where it goes I guess