Removing rust from chrome pipes, how to

Was bsing with a guy who restores tractors a few days ago who turned me on to this stuff called Oxalic acid. He says its really old school, noone uses it anymore other than old timers. It's marketed as wood bleech. Any good hardware store should have it. Its about $5 bucks for a gallon and you need a couple cups max diluted in water. My results are not they best. I tried to wetsand with 500 grit and hazed one of my pipes pretty good. Tried to get the best before and after shots I could.

I filled a 30gal trash can 1/2 with water. 4 cups of wood bleech, and 6 hour soak. The old timer told me to let it set for a few days, I wanted to get my shit put together tonight. Results are pretty good. I was very impressed.

Before: 3503501540_b0be7da102_b.jpg

After: 3503502354_c5eb7e7a99_b.jpg

3503503370_55333af53f_b.jpg

High heat thermal compound is still on there because the very tips were not submerged. Be careful with this shit. If its not dilitued it will burn like twice as bad as aircraft remover. If anyone else uses it let me know how it goes.

Was bsing with a guy who restores tractors a few days ago who turned me on to this stuff called Oxalic acid. He says its really old school, noone uses it anymore other than old timers. It's marketed as wood bleech. Any good hardware store should have it. Its about $5 bucks for a gallon and you need a couple cups max diluted in water. My results are not they best. I tried to wetsand with 500 grit and hazed one of my pipes pretty good. Tried to get the best before and after shots I could.

I filled a 30gal trash can 1/2 with water. 4 cups of wood bleech, and 6 hour soak. The old timer told me to let it set for a few days, I wanted to get my shit put together tonight. Results are pretty good. I was very impressed.

Before: 3503501540_b0be7da102_b.jpg

After: 3503502354_c5eb7e7a99_b.jpg

3503503370_55333af53f_b.jpg

High heat thermal compound is still on there because the very tips were not submerged. Be careful with this shit. If its not dilitued it will burn like twice as bad as aircraft remover. If anyone else uses it let me know how it goes.

so will it take off discoloration due to the heat?

I normally use turtle was chrome polish and it takes off rust too its probably alil less effective but works really good with some time put into it