motion pro clutch cable too long WTF

i bought the motion pro terminator clutch cable for my banshee, and the fucking thing is 2 long. i measured it, and both the cable and jacket are both 2" longer than the POS old one i took out of the bike. does this happen a lot with these cables, or did i just get unlucky? im debating whether to send it back for the same one, or a OEM one

I have the terminator cables on both my shees, and its the same damn way. You have to have the adjuster nut all the way out to get the slack correct when the cable is new. Once it stretches at all they will be junk. why cant anybody make aftermarket parts that actually work. :down: I will be replacing both with OEM when time comes.

i measured it, and both the cable and jacket are both 2" longer than the POS old one

Wonder what he means by the jacket? Sounds to me like you guys may have two different problems. One with a wire too long and one with the entire cable too long. I have the motion pro terminator as well, no probs.

Wonder what he means by the jacket? Sounds to me like you guys may have two different problems. One with a wire too long and one with the entire cable too long. I have the motion pro terminator as well, no probs.

I wonder if yours is older and the problem is a new thing. I bought both of mine from 2 diff places at diff times about 18months ago. No other probs with my stuff, just put new cables and bam adjusters all the way out at perch. Asked about it at time and got similar probs from others on here. I was in a pinch for time so i ran em instead of sending back. Wont buy anymore untill i hear they are right. :down:

If the cable and sheath are both 2" longer than OEM it should fit fine with no issues. You will just have a 2" longer loop at the clutch perch. If you are having adjustment issues the cable and sheath must be different amounts longer than the old cable