What just happened?

well im mixing rich, 29:1, and im pretty rich on the jetting after i did a plug chop. i should be at 280 mains, im at 300s, and i always have huge black oil all around my exhaust leaking down on my exhaust silencer.

so maybe its that. but yeah i guess it could be the head gasket but when i told my friend that he said no way its that, because a gasket cant randomly break if it was perfect for the last 6 months.. unless i remove the head and put it back nothing can go wrong by itself.

if the head gets to hot it warps, then the coolant will leak thru the head gasket

29:1? really that is stupid. And mixing oil rich while you are running rich obviously caused a problem because you are on here asking why your bike was smoking profusely. Furthermore with your jetting in its state you should consider getting the magic 280 jet. And about 29:1 making it last longer BS Ive run 50:1 on my banshee for 5 years never a topend problem pistons looked great upon removal. I ran 100:1 on a pilot top end 250r 3 years piston looked great upon removal. Just because you have more oil doesnt mean that is going to fix set up flaws in your bike.

29:1 thats retarded. like ^ he said. if you set your bike up the RIGHT way you wouldn't be burnin up your wallet so much. I know i burn through a tank of gas in a few hours i wouldnt be able to afford double the oil jeez. your prob just burning all that oil in your pipe shit if you pulled off the pipe you could prob mix another tank of gas at 29:1 with all the oil that pours out!! lol