the best way to install head

96red

I have herd a ton of things. I took the head off and two of the studs came out instead of just the nut is that a big deal. What are the torque specks and what is best to do. should i put lock tight on the theads or i have heard to put grease on the what are some opinions of yours. thanks

hey im not sure about the torque but all i know is from building drag cars is that you start in the middle of the head and work your way out torquing it so it seats properly. ive never used locktite on heads before but never seize might be a good idea being the engine is aluminum

i have never used locktite, your head is numbered in the order to tighten them. start with one, end at 10. they do go from middle out. The nuts should be tightened to 20 ft pounds or 28 Nm, the 2 bolts for your coolant hose at 8 ft pounds or 12 Nm

good luck

i have never used locktite, your head is numbered in the order to tighten them. start with one, end at 10. they do go from middle out. The nuts should be tightened to 20 ft pounds or 28 Nm, the 2 bolts for your coolant hose at 8 ft pounds or 12 Nm

good luck

Thanks

You definitely want to step torque them. I actually start at 10->15->20, just to be safe. To be honest, I haven't looked in my clymer's on torque specs in forever, but I thought it did mention stepping them. Either way, I would say anyone who should be giving you advice, should be telling you to step them. Think about it like your wheels, only 1000% more critical. You wouldn't have all your lugnuts loose and just crank one all the way down without at least tightening up the others right?