check this video....does it sound rich off idle?

lt1bird

LOL, thats not me or my bike....just a video from youtube....My bike does that same little sputter at 1/8-1/4 throttle....just seems like a rich sputter....to clean that little sputter up....what do you think....smaller pilot or change needle diameter just a tad larger? it's real close...just trying to perfect it... I do notice it in nutral as well....It is not super crisp if snaping the throttle open at very low rpms...

It about 3 turns out now.....beyond the 3 turns it does not seem to make any diffrence....Im waiting for some 55 pilot jets(currently have 58) to come in.... to center the air screw more.... just figured the needle might lean the pilot circuit a bit as well....

Edited by lt1bird

actually, the needle is the next step. did it help turning the screws out, and still idle healthy, or even idle better?

drop the needle 1 clip. are you doing the adjustments with it at operating temparature?

Edited by AKheathen

I never knew how important it was to fully warm a two stroke..... I get on my other two stroke and warm it up on the road....Big mistake! This bike almost cold sized the other day because I did not warm it up! I could feel it getting very thight...Pulled the clutch and coasted... started it and idled it for a while, blipping the throttle a bit and it was fine...

Ok, yes, i got it up to full operating temp....set idle at 1500 rpms. turned both screws out until i got the highest rpm(about 2k) at 3 turns out it stopped increasing the rpm... So i figure to get it back down to 1.5 turns ill need the next pilot jets down..."55"....

It does not rev super clean still down low... just does not have that response i think it should have. After I put the 55 pilots in and I still have the stutter like in the video should I move the needle clip up one notch to lean it out a tad or change the needle diameter?

Does the needle clip position really make a big diffrence at idle/off idle?? Im just figuring that since my stutter is at idle to 1/8 throttle the needle diameter would be a better bet? Im not thinking the needle clip will effect the off idle performance as there is no taper on the needle at that part of the throttle setting... what do you think?

the needle effects everything from idle to 3/4 throttle. it's easier to try adjust the needle real quick, and see how you can get ti to run in the whole range. if it doesn't seem as good in the middle somewhere, then change the pilots, and put the needle back. what carbs are you running?

seems sensiable to me........I have 38mm kehins....... ill try the clip just to see what it does....

I was planning on smaller pilots...then moving the needle to a richer clip position untill I get it to stutter a bit at 1/2 throttle then back it down some(just so its rich safe).... I have not beat on the bike yet really....Its broken in now and ready for a floggin....

Thanks ;)