foot pegs

I bought my shee in 2006 3rd banshee fixing all the cheap farm boy problems from last owner I was looking at the foot pegs and the rear bolt hole on pegs have a freakin threaded rod from left to right pegs through frame wtf how can i fix this i usually do all my own work but dont have welder please help thnx?

you could do the fill it in and tap and dye it or you could weld in a threaded rod like that in all the holes so it will match then just get nuts to fit... It would be different and might be easier cuz you dont have to tap and dye it

if you try and fill weld the hole and re-tap it you'll never get the weld to take all the way through the hole and end up with a bunch of clumpy weld thats barely holding on...

you have a couple options imo...

tap the holes to the next larger size and run larger bolts.

tap the holes to the next largest size needed to insert a helicoil of the correct thread for your standard foot peg bolts.

take a small piece of pipe that has an id smaller than the thread of your stock peg bolts then drill the frame to accept the od of the pipe, weld the threaded pipe into the frame on both ends. clean up the welds then tap the new insert to accept the stock peg bolts...

i know that those bolt holes are at least 1" deep and trying to fill weld them with any type of penetration down inside the hole will be a challenge for any welder, you could plug the back and use a stick to get in deep but re-drilling and tapping would be a chore.

i personaly would drill it larger and sleeve it but thats strictly my opinion....

if you try and fill weld the hole and re-tap it you'll never get the weld to take all the way through the hole and end up with a bunch of clumpy weld thats barely holding on...

you have a couple options imo...

tap the holes to the next larger size and run larger bolts.

tap the holes to the next largest size needed to insert a helicoil of the correct thread for your standard foot peg bolts.

take a small piece of pipe that has an id smaller than the thread of your stock peg bolts then drill the frame to accept the od of the pipe, weld the threaded pipe into the frame on both ends. clean up the welds then tap the new insert to accept the stock peg bolts...

i know that those bolt holes are at least 1" deep and trying to fill weld them with any type of penetration down inside the hole will be a challenge for any welder, you could plug the back and use a stick to get in deep but re-drilling and tapping would be a chore.

i personaly would drill it larger and sleeve it but thats strictly my opinion....

X2, thats what i did...

They sell the inserts that are threaded the correct size, they are like plugs. Mine had the same problem. If you grind the welds around the cirlce they will just pop out. Then you can have someone weld the new ones in for you.

were did you get the plugs from?