Need jet suggestions please!

bama boy

I dont want to beat this subject up over and over but i need some help with jetting. This is a pain in the ass!!

My mods are:

.40 vito's power pistons(fresh bore)

+4 timing key

K&N filter/no box

reed spacers

older fmf gold series pipe and silencers

boost bottle

Im in minnesota where we are about 1800 to 2000ft.

I have stock carbs with 280 mains and 30 pilots.

I want it set up for 80 to 90 degree weather. Right now it runs good for the most part but when i shift and punch the throttle it bogs for a couple of seconds and then moves right along. No bogging on top end. Where should i be on jetting for my area, temp, and elevation? Some good information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I would do a plug chop to dial in your mains. You could be cutting it close there, not that it has anything to do with your bog.

Where is your clip at? Try leaning(toward blunt end) one position and see if that helps.

Don't think you need the 30 pilot, either.Try some 27.5's or the stock 25's.

Edited by black sunshine

clip on stock needle in middle postiton, 27.5 pilots, 1-1/2 turns on air screws. do a wot check to take a reading of plug color after wot for 6-8 sec. also, do you have k&n pods, or a k&n filter, in the stock airbox, but w/o the lid? if you have pods, start out w/like 320-330 mains and if you have the k&n filter in box w/no lid, then start out @ 310-320 mains.

Edited by mopar1rules