Is my setup dangerous? Jetting question.

Hey guys,

MODS: New topend .02 bore with new wiseco pistons, 2x K&N filters w/vforce reeds, custom exhaust, stock carbs.

Home elevation: 1500ish.. (phoenix az)

One thing I never bothered with is rejetting my bike. I was new to banshees when I got mine but I started the modding right away and just never thought about the jets. I ride anywhere from the dunes @ glamis and or up north in flagstaff (6000 elevation). Granted when I went up north I couldnt start my bike until I got it jumpstarted by a push in gear. My bike mad 68hp after my mods and ran really damn good around in phoenix. I was recently told though that my motor is in danger because I should have rejetted after modding it.

What would you suggest for me as my bike runs great here in phx but I would like to take trips up north in higher elevation.

PS: forgot to mention my noss coolhead W/21cc domes.

Edited by Thoughtshewas18

Hey guys,

MODS: New topend .02 bore with new wiseco pistons, 2x K&N filters w/vforce reeds, custom exhaust, stock carbs.

Home elevation: 1500ish.. (phoenix az)

One thing I never bothered with is rejetting my bike. I was new to banshees when I got mine but I started the modding right away and just never thought about the jets. I ride anywhere from the dunes @ glamis and or up north in flagstaff (6000 elevation). Granted when I went up north I couldnt start my bike until I got it jumpstarted by a push in gear. My bike mad 68hp after my mods and ran really damn good around in phoenix. I was recently told though that my motor is in danger because I should have rejetted after modding it.

What would you suggest for me as my bike runs great here in phx but I would like to take trips up north in higher elevation.

So your saying your shee made 68 horse on stock jets? I call BS on that

Has the shop been doing all the work for you...If so then they will have done the jetting for you. and if they dyno it, they will most then likey jet it to get the best numbers.

I did it all myself. I just took it to the dyno for fun. Honestly it could have been changed from the previous owner, but they never mentioned it with the mods. All they had on it was exhaust at the time.

So, ehem, describe this custom exhaust.

It is real easy to see what jets are in your bike by pulling them out and looking. You are running pods (separate filters clamped directly to your carbs, no airbox), correct?

With exhaust, pods, and stock jets you should have burned up your top end by now.

yeah... maybe they never told me about the jets. I've been to the dunes twice and up north at the cinders and pretty much pushed my bike to the max for a whole season. I havent been on my bike since last year, so I think ill take a look friday when I get it back up and running. I dont even know how to access the jet properly.

Yeah, 2 filters, 1 for each carb.

The exhaust was custom made from an atv shop that the previous owner went to. Looks like a normal (toomey like) exhaust.

Edited by Thoughtshewas18

yeah... maybe they never told me about the jets. I've been to the dunes twice and up north at the cinders and pretty much pushed my bike to the max for a whole season. I havent been on my bike since last year, so I think ill take a look friday when I get it back up and running. I dont even know how to access the jet properly.

Yeah, 2 filters, 1 for each carb.

The exhaust was custom made from an atv shop that the previous owner went to. Looks like a normal (toomey like) exhaust.

I was hoping to do a crown king run with my friend who got a new raptor. Unfortunetly it starts at around 1500 in elevation and ends around 5-6k... How would one jet for that?