are there any low cost mods?

My banshee is stock. I just purchased a set of Trinity Stage 4 pipes and silencers and am waiting for them to be shipped. Is there anything I have to do before I install them. I dont know alot about mods and what they do.... Do I need a new airbox, carbs, 2 to 1 intake...etc. I just wish I new what alot of the mods did. I do trail riding so I am going through some water.

If you ride through water you want to keep your airbox lid on. Another low cost mod that would help you is a timing plate set at plus 4. They go for around 30-40 dollars. You should also remove your T.o.r.s kit if you haven't already. Removal kits are pretty cheap I think. A 13t sprocket would make you have more power in the woods but would take mph from your top end. A more expensive mod is a cool head and that helps keep your engine cooler and depending on dome size would bump your compression a little giving you a little more power. Reeds help a lot as well and are relatively cheap depending on what you get. Hope this helped.

You will need to jet your carbs for those pipes. While your at it, I would swap the stock filter for a K&N just b/c they are 10x better. If you run with no lid, run outerwear's. It will help when going thru puddles.

Keep in mind that any time you make a mod that has to do with fuel/air ratio, you will have to jet accordingly.

As far as a cheap mods, gearing for trail use is a good. I personally would put a timing plate in and deck/shave the head. Thats a great bang for the buck. The list of mods is endless. It really all depends on when your happy with it. Do one mod at a time until your ok with the performance.

Edit: Like Shogs said, tors can lead to big issues. Take all that off.

If you ride through water you want to keep your airbox lid on. Another low cost mod that would help you is a timing plate set at plus 4. They go for around 30-40 dollars. You should also remove your T.o.r.s kit if you haven't already. Removal kits are pretty cheap I think. A 13t sprocket would make you have more power in the woods but would take mph from your top end. A more expensive mod is a cool head and that helps keep your engine cooler and depending on dome size would bump your compression a little giving you a little more power. Reeds help a lot as well and are relatively cheap depending on what you get. Hope this helped.

what is a T.o.r.s kit

K & N filter, re-jet the carbs, drill out your timing plate to move it to +4 or +5, mill the head 0.020''. You should be able to do all of that for well under $100.

How do I know what jets to use? mill the head....do I send it away to a machine shop for that or do I buy a whole new head. I also dont have a clue about drilling timing plate out. A new air filter though ..I can handle

what is a T.o.r.s kit

Tors are the big things on top of your carbs with your throttle cable and other wires going into it. It is old technology. It can kick in when it is not needed, break, and just makes a bunch of trouble shooting issues. A Tors Kit, is a removal kit that takes all this out and lets you run a normal carb set up.

You can Search TORS and read all about.

Honestly, spend a few weeks reading on here before doing anything. I did not know any of this shit either. You will be amazed what you can pick up on from this site. Jetting, timing, it is all easy stuff.

Shaving the head is a cheap way to gain compression. You send it off to have done.

If you look around here you can find Shaved heads for sale.

When you up grage to a K&N make sure you get the kit that uses the billit adaptor plate that you bolt in to the air box. It seals up much better. It also allows you to take the lid off and run with no lid at all.

Noss machine sells a kit that uses the billit flange. Tell him your a BHQ member and you get 10% off.

http://www.nossmachine.com/yamaha_banshee_parts.htm