BitTorrent or YouTorrent etc.

Ok so i've been hearing a lot about this torrent program or website that you can get tons and tons of music with album art etc. for free in seconds. Whats the deal with this has anyone played around with this. I have already talked to two of my friends that are into iTunes and loading music as much as me and they have gotten thousands and thousands of more music on this damn site or program and i can't figure out what the hell they are talking about. I went to the torrent site but can't figure out anything.

Bitcomet is the shit.

Go to bitcomet.com, download that bitch. Then go to ISOhunt.com or piratebay.org (theres alot more then these two sites) and find your torrents, click on download torrent and it should automatically start in bitcomet.

You can also set your bandwidth to be used just by bitcomet, makes you d/l's haul balls but really turd's your net out.

I used to get full discographies of bands, GB's worth of music.

It's fairly simple. Download the program, go to a torrent site find what you need click on download. It should pop up a little box asking what you'd like to use to download it, select bitcomet or whatever one you use.

Let's say you have 5mb download speed, you can change bitcomet settings to use 4.9mb of that for downloading your files and use the other .1mb for whatever else you may be doing with the net.

I've even used it with dial up :blink:

If you're going to be downloading music, and other crap off of torrent sites, you'd better make damned sure you have very good antivirus, and antispyware programs. No freebies, or you'll be back here in a few days wondering why your computer is slow. A friend of mine was downloading of off Limewire, and he got 45+ trojans, from one damned song. Be careful.

That's what i'm afraid of, i'm probably just gonna stick to getting them off amazon and itunes and going to the store for the actual cd. I had that problem before with limewire and got hella viruses. I have a nice antivirus program now, brother in law got it from a refinery so it's the corporate edition. Works great with my spyware as well.

Limewire sucks dong for viruses. I think you should give a torrent program a try, if you don't like what you see stick with itunes.

With a torrent downloader you can read reviews and people will tell you if it's infected before you try it, you can usually tell by how many seeders there are. If it has no reviews, don't d/l it!

You just have to know what to download, if you don't your fucked.

Edited by quikshee

Torrents are pretty badass you can download basically anything cds,movies, pc games and the download rates are pretty fast. The torrents that have viruses don't last long because people leave comments and basically don't download and share them. It is however illegal if you do not own the cd, movie already.

Here's the problem i went to the torrent website and downloaded the torrent program. When it opened it looked similar to limewire etc. I just can't figure out where to go next to download music?

isohunt.com and piratebay.org are the two that I use the most.