porting decision

I checked out herrjugsracing.com and the prices seemed good. And from what you guys (most of you) have told me i'm more so leaning towards h.j.r

One problem is how much you think shipping would be cuz i'm in Indiana and they're in CA?! I'll have to pay for it both ways right? Oh yeah and the price is 300 bucks for the top end rebuild, does that include just the basic port job because i'm wanting to go with the dune port i think.

thanks again

I checked out herrjugsracing.com and the prices seemed good. And from what you guys (most of you) have told me i'm more so leaning towards h.j.r

One problem is how much you think shipping would be cuz i'm in Indiana and they're in CA?! I'll have to pay for it both ways right? Oh yeah and the price is 300 bucks for the top end rebuild, does that include just the basic port job because i'm wanting to go with the dune port i think.

thanks again

I had my cylinders done by Kevin at HJR....you will not be dissapointed.

I live in Michigan and the shipping was about $30.00 each way.

Its 300 for the cylinders to be ported,if you need boring,and a piston kit that is 295.00 extra,and then if you are putting a stock head on the motor it will need to be cut and re-chambered at a cost of 95.00.

I just got my top end back from him and i got everything mentioned above.

I got the dune port as well...and it frickin rips!!!!

Hands down more power the my A&S racing motor i had done 2 yrs ago.

Kevin is a great guy and has awesome customer service and turnaround times.

I got my cylinders,head and piston kit back from him 3 weeks to the day that they left to be shipped to him.

He will take the time out of his day to answer any questions you have before and after the sale.

I have talked to him 3 or 4 times since I got my bike back together and he has answered every question I have had without hesitation.

Dan

According to his website, 300 rebuild = bore, hone, piston kit.

Dune port would be another 300.

When I had mine done, I paid shipping to him. He then charged me for return shipping at the same time when I paid for the rest of the services. Makes it easy. It was about 25-30 each way insurance and all.

i live in pa and sent my jugs to HJR also. it was close to $40 shipping each way.

you need to talk to Kevin personally about your build prior to sending your stuff out. he can help you determine what will be best for your set up depending on what kind of riding you do and what you expect out of your build. don't forget to include a note or something with your personal info and what you want done with the build. i sent him a list of my other performance mods and elevation and so on that may be relevant to the build also.

Kevin is a cool guy to deal with. i just need a few more things thrown back on my bike and i'll be able to fire it up to see how it works. :woot:

These prices seem alittle high for shipping. We ship cyls back and forth daily and generally they run 18-20 range insured UPS for the pair.

Maybe a bit more if your getting goodies with them.