Dyno Tidbit

We ran my cousins bike on the dyno today. When we drag race his bike pulls about dead even with mine. When I have ridden it, it has alot more low end grunt than my bike. Its also a 4 mill stroker with the exhaust ports dropped down lower than stock, and a 2 into 1 intake with a 36mm lectron carb. He also has pro circuits pipes on it. It made about 6 less hp than mine on the dyno, the torque was about 3-4 ft lbs better than my motor, and he runs about 190 psi compression in it.

Just goes to show ya, torque and that low end grunt can take you a long ways. He stops making power at around 8,000rpm, my bike stops at around 8,700-8,800 rpm.

post-20806-1239013377_thumb.jpg

We ran my cousins bike on the dyno today. When we drag race his bike pulls about dead even with mine. When I have ridden it, it has alot more low end grunt than my bike. Its also a 4 mill stroker with the exhaust ports dropped down lower than stock, and a 2 into 1 intake with a 36mm lectron carb. He also has pro circuits pipes on it. It made about 6 less hp than mine on the dyno, the torque was about 3-4 ft lbs better than my motor, and he runs about 190 psi compression in it.

Just goes to show ya, torque and that low end grunt can take you a long ways. He stops making power at around 8,000rpm, my bike stops at around 8,700-8,800 rpm.

Nice info man.

That engine dyno is the shizz.

I have:

pro circuit pipes with ceramic coating

coolhead with 18cc domes 185 psi compression.

Dynoport port job

Stock cages with carbon tech mid reeds

28mm mikuni tm's with pods

Lightened flywheel

Dyna cdi with +4 degrees of timing on curve 3 and dyna coil

cascade clutch and pancake bearing

13/46 gearing

21-12-8 10 paddle super lights

wiseco pistons and .042" squish

stock stator and plate with dc conversion and a battery

works front shocks (dual rate, no resevoirs)

+6 Podos Racing swingarm with round house carrier

vbars

twist throttle

easy pull clutch perch

vision x solstice led lights

shaved plastics

cascade shifter

sand gear dual rib steer tires

home made dual pegs

tm designworks pipe hangers

cascade chain slide

tm designworks chain rollers

oury grips

underbody leds

led tail light

maxima 85 endurance trans oil

castor 927 on 110 octane at 16oz to a 5 gallon can

stainless rear brake line

and a partridge in a pear tree. :biggrin:

Dynomite crank dyno with dynomax 2000 software. All custom made engine adapters, stand, and flywheel adapter of a 1990 JS 500 driveline and engine coupler.

CrankDyno2.jpg

CrankDyno.jpg

Theres about $13,000.00 in equipment there.

I think dual 28mm carbs on that motor would free up his top end to about 5hp more, he would probably lose about 2-3 ft lbs of torque going to the duals on his low end around 5500-6000 rpm. Lectrons make about 15-20% more low end power than any other carb, so its a good carb to run on a 2 into 1 intake.