pvl ignition

kingkong

i think there was an article on here bout pvl ignitions...could anyone tell me where to find it? my bike is stil in the shop cause the guy working on it knows nothing bout pvl and cant get it to crank..also what would this ignition setup be worth if i decide to sell it?

what size is your bike?? did you buy the ign. set up new?? if you didnt buy it new the first thing i would do is ohm your coils. they need to be less than 1k ohms. what kind of timing do you want to run, you need to find top dead center on the left cylinder and there is a chart that you use to convert measurment into degrees to time your coils- its an extensive setup the first couple times you do it, but after a while it gets second nature to set one up. but if your guy doesnt know how to i would find someone to walk him through it. make sure all your grounds are good. use a thick guage cable to ground engine to frame and use good kill switches also.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.jjandaracing.com/

your looking for the "other atv stuff" (on the left) then look at the "ignition timing assembly" (looks like a dial indicator with a purple threaded part on it)... that is the easiest way to set your timing with a pvl for a banshee..

your probably going to set it about .070 before tdc if i remember right..

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.jjandaracing.com/

your looking for the "other atv stuff" (on the left) then look at the "ignition timing assembly" (looks like a dial indicator with a purple threaded part on it)... that is the easiest way to set your timing with a pvl for a banshee..

Word. That is the best deal if you don't already have a dial indicator with a mag base. :geek: