Top End Sputter on 01

run

Starts and idles good, good take off, sputters and cuts out some once I get to top end area.....Parking brake is removed. Cleaned carbs, replaced plugs, checked pick up gap and reeds. I noticed when cleaning the carbs the main jet was 220. I have FMF Knarly pipes and otherwise stock. Should I change the mains? Any suggestion? It ran well for awhile, so it;s not a jetting issue, but while we have it open we want to make sure to get the jetting right.

Starts and idles good, good take off, sputters and cuts out some once I get to top end area.....Parking brake is removed. Cleaned carbs, replaced plugs, checked pick up gap and reeds. I noticed when cleaning the carbs the main jet was 220. I have FMF Knarly pipes and otherwise stock. Should I change the mains? Any suggestion? It ran well for awhile, so it;s not a jetting issue, but while we have it open we want to make sure to get the jetting right.

um... your jetting is the main issue. they do seem to run ok lean, but destroying the pistons the whole time.

what's your airfilter setup? stock with lid and snorkel?

what's your elevation and temp?

check your compression

um... your jetting is the main issue. they do seem to run ok lean, but destroying the pistons the whole time.

what's your airfilter setup? stock with lid and snorkel?

what's your elevation and temp?

check your compression

so should I up the mains? I have stock setup with box/lid/snorkel. I run 36:1 ratio on my mix..

Elevation and temp....I live in Indianapolis.

Compression is good..

well.. if you mean by "sputtering", if thats the noise im thinking about now it means your rich...( i noticed because whenever i rich the needle or mains too much i get this weird "sputtering noise" and mid throttle, and gets smoother when i hit full throttle, and i still have that noise till now.

and shouldnt he be fine jetting? he only added a pipe/ silencer, and jetted up 2 sizes, just for pipes... that sounds right to me.

over here, if someone just pipes shees or blaster, they dont even rejet and it runs perfect ( thats strictly if they ONLY pipe it and keep snorkel on), thats funny how in the US you guys jet up 8 sizes just for pipes keeping the stock restrictive filter + lid + snorkle..

blaster, you simply need to drop your needles a knotch a a time, untill the sputter goes away, and 220 is a jet for stock pipes and filter/snorkel, up to 60 degrees, sea level. it's not about "what we do over here" rather than what should be done anywhere. we simply jet for what the engine needs, not just what kinda works