Anyone that is on the fence about porting

fck55mph

I tore my 96 apart cuz it was feeling a little tired and compression was around 110. The plan was,fresh bore and new Wiseco Pro Lites. I decided to call Kevin at Herr Jugs. I told him what,how and where I ride and he recommended a full port job. He did the port work for $300,bored my cylinders and sent me a piston kit&gaskets for $295 and a .030 shaved head for $45 to regain the compression you lose from porting. He told me what jetting to run and everything. He also did the work fast and sent them back promptly. So, for anyone that is maybe trying to decide if they want it done or not..call him and have it done. I just took it for a ride after assembly and man!! It hauls ass and hits ALOT harder and all I did was go through the yard a couple times and 2 quick blasts up and down the street! :thumbsup:

Edited by fck55mph

I tore my 96 apart cuz it was feeling a little tired and compression was around 110. The plan was,fresh bore and new Wiseco Pro Lites. I decided to call Kevin at Herr Jugs. I told him what,how and where I ride and he recommended a full port job. He did the port work for $300,bored my cylinders and sent me a piston kit&gaskets for $295 and a .030 shaved head for $45 to regain the compression you lose from porting. He told me what jetting to run and everything. He also did the work fast and sent them back promptly. So, for anyone that is maybe trying to decide if they want it done or not..call him and have it done. I just took it for a ride after assembly and man!! It hauls ass and hits ALOT harder and all I did was go through the yard a couple times and 2 quick blasts up and down the street! :thumbsup:

how much was shipping? jw

i'm waiting untill i do the potty dance for needing more power. :banana: working on traction and suspension for now

I just got my cylinders back from Kevin as well.

The return shipping to me was 30.00 from Cali to Michigan.

Hes a great guy to do buisness with, actually answers the phone when you call and will answer any questions you have.

Im having a little bit of an issue with getting my motor to seal up(most likely my not being patient is playing a major role in that),but im takin it to badassbanshee479's place tomorrow and hopfully well git-r-done.

I cant wait to ride it.

With 34 pj's and cpi inframes it should be a blast to ride!

Dan