cascade shift pro, shift star + FAST shift shaft

MILO

i'm putting my motor back together after having the cases split to install a 4 mil crank. while in there i added the cascade shift pro kit, mod'd shift star, new eccentric shaft and a new torsion spring for the shaft. i didn't realize how bad the shift shaft mechanism was worn till i replaced the old spring, it was all grooved out where the spring rides and no matter how much i messed with it, i couldn't get the adjustment from the eccentric shaft correct. so i ordered a mod'd shift shaft from FAST with the ez spring.

so with all 3, the shift pro, shift star, & mod'd shift shaft, are there any drawbacks or problems to look forward to down the road? i'm thinking that they would just compliment each other rather than cause any problems but you never know.

The best set-up that I find is the pro shift kit, the mod'd shift star, the mod'd shift shaft from FAST with whit the STOCK spring.

Your next thing do is to found the RZ350 shift drum with the forks, I bought all my parts but no yet install.

Edited by Thewhite

Couple of things, what are you going to be doing with the bike? I have done the following to my bike and it shifts really nice except under full power (421 cub) I have the RZ shift forks (drum is the same as banshee by the way), shift pro roller with STOCK spring, modded shift shaft and modded shift star. It doesn't take a whole lot of pressure to click gears. I was told not to run the soft spring with the modded shift star as it can click into gear too easy. Any way, im yanking it all out an putting an override in because the motor is going in my drag bike soon hopefully. Will use the parts for my duner motor.

i'll mostly be trail riding my banshee. just your average country area riding. trails, farm areas, hillclimbing etc. no dunes here in pa, and i'm not going to drag it.

I had the shift pro kit with the moded shift star on my 4mill D&P port. IMO it would miss shifts all the time when under power by getting stuck between gears. If I had it to do over agin. I woud use the stock spring on the shift pro kit insted of that soft spring that comes with the kit.

ok, so it's not like it's going to cause any mechanical issues just by having all of the components in there, in a way that something is not going to work like it's supposed to. it sounds more like it's a personal preference thing. so what happens? do you end up not letting the shifter return to it's normal position completely after an upshift, or can you not feel that you made the shift completely to begin with? i'm getting concerned here now cuz i mostly ride with mx boots and you know how that changes your shifting habits to begin with due to lack of ankle flexibility and feel of things. it doesn't ever down shift when you don't want it to does it? like when you land a hard jump or something? i'm just trying to figure out how you are missing shifts or getting between gears. :shrug: i mean, is it something that you can adjust yourself to, or is it a real mechanical problem with bad consequences?