Problem with gearbox tonite

ned

Well went for a bit of a evening squirt this arvo and first off noticed sowmhing wrong with the banshee. The gear lever was able to move bout 2 inches up and downs And gear changes were hard to get. Then down the tracks a bit and went to turn around a d gave it to her and it just bogged and went nowhere, clutched and made sure it was in first and tried it again and nothing again. So I gave up and pushed it back to the truck.

So by these descriptions wat does it sound like I've done to the shee?

my bad, was written on iphone...will edit now.

went out for a ride this evening and ran into a bit of a problem. the shee started fine ran good for 5 minutes, but then i noticed the gears were becoming harder to grab and the gear lever was able to move up and down about 2 inches from top to bottom.

then as were going down a track, i needed to turn around. went to gas it and then it just bogged down and died. kicked it over, put into first and tried again and it just revved with a little bit of movement.

can anyone give some insight into what ive done before i tear the whole thing down???

regards ned

Edited by ned

umm no. its an 05 i bought 6 months ago. unknown hours, unknown amound of rebuilds if any lol, but can garauntee its been thrashed for those two years with out much maitenance.

im about to rebuild it so id like to get an idea of what ive done so i know what to buy to fix when its all pulled apart.

Its possible you broke the pivot bolt for the shift fork. That will make you think you are shifting but you arent actually changing gears. so what ever gear you were in when you were in when you turned around thats the gear it is still in.