riding at sand lake in oregon

yama350

I think the tickets are $170 if I remember right. If you get one, you basically can't ride your bike again until you fix the issue and I think if you get a second ticket within some period of time after the first ticket, the second ticket costs twice as much as the first one.

As some others have said, there is no running from the rangers at SL. :confused:

Yeah where are you going to run to in such a small area

Edited by PACIFIC NW BANSHEE

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the drag guys get by ok with the silencers. I watched a ranger give a guy with side pipes and stinger ends a ticket and tell him he needed to have pipes like on his buddies bike. His buddy had side pipes with legalizers. So they will leave you alone as long as your playing by the rules and your making an attempt to be legal. If your riding like an idiot and your bike is outfitted with legalizers, expect to get sound checked and ticketed if they are over the limit.

Hell no I spent 500 bones on my drag pipes and I'm going to use them good thing they have silencers haha

You can get the csfx silencers to fit drag pipes, look on cascades web site. Do what you want, doesn't affect us in the least, but if you get a ticket, you were warned. I know for damn sure, my silenced shearers will not pass the test, they are way louder than freshly packed T5's.

I have been to SL alot over the years. im from washington. But all the times i was there, they mostly had 2 strokes stopped for dbl checks. Those 450's with HMF's have got to be louder! especially sitting in the bowl while they race. The other thing was giving speeding tickets for running to fast on the beach.

I have been to SL alot over the years. im from washington. But all the times i was there, they mostly had 2 strokes stopped for dbl checks. Those 450's with HMF's have got to be louder! especially sitting in the bowl while they race. The other thing was giving speeding tickets for running to fast on the beach.

They were checking everyone it seemes like yesterday.......... Even some of the rails. :confused:

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS EVER BEEN CHECKED OR TICKETED FOR THEIR NOISE DB AT SAND LAKE OR ANY OTHER PARTS OF THE OREGON DUNES? I JUST INSTALLED A SET OF TOOMEY T5 PIPES AND SILENCERS AND AM GETTING READY TO GO RIDING FOR A DAY AND WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD BE OK FOR MY DB LEVEL? THANKS

I went last year around Sept. no problems. I 2 also run t-5's. Im heading out there for Mem. day. I think I might start looking for a hush kit. Just got back from Beverly dunes in Washinton and the cops said start July they will start ticketing people for noise and spark arrestors.

I went last year around Sept. no problems. I 2 also run t-5's. Im heading out there for Mem. day. I think I might start looking for a hush kit. Just got back from Beverly dunes in Washinton and the cops said start July they will start ticketing people for noise and spark arrestors.

I watched a guy get a spark arrestor ticket at beverly 6 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there last year and they pulled me over with my csfx's on my t-5's. My packing completly blew out and I noticed it getting loud, so I headed back to camp and they tried to give me a ticket but I talked my way out of it. The guy giving the test was cool but his boss I guess he was the sheriff was a total asshole. He noticed that my powder coating looked new so he looked for my vin and saw that it was covered up by the pc. He said they will be looking for this next year (this year) and its a big ticket. So you may want to make sure they can see it this year.

No one out of the 30+ people in our group got sound tested last weekend.

It was the weekend before labor day and they were testing there toys for the big weekend, they were also going thru camp with night vision looking for those of us drinking in the overflow camp grounds.

I was there last year and they pulled me over with my csfx's on my t-5's. My packing completly blew out and I noticed it getting loud, so I headed back to camp and they tried to give me a ticket but I talked my way out of it. The guy giving the test was cool but his boss I guess he was the sheriff was a total asshole. He noticed that my powder coating looked new so he looked for my vin and saw that it was covered up by the pc. He said they will be looking for this next year (this year) and its a big ticket. So you may want to make sure they can see it this year.

Hmmm. I wonder what we are supposed to do with powder coated over VIN's? I have the same problem......