Coil Polarity (orange/black wires)

Can anyone tell me which terminals are positive and negative on the ignition coil? I lent my Haynes manual to a mate and can't get hold of him. I think the orange / positive is to the front of the frame. Is this correct? Are the coils marked and can I see it without unbloting the damn thing?

Can anyone tell me which terminals are positive and negative on the ignition coil? I lent my Haynes manual to a mate and can't get hold of him. I think the orange / positive is to the front of the frame. Is this correct? Are the coils marked and can I see it without unbloting the damn thing?

On my bike...as its mounted...the orange is to the front of the frame .

Dan

Thanks Dan,

I have mine set up the same at the moment, will have to wait until tomorrow to try it out. Can you see in + or - markings on your coil. I have read that they will still run but the spark will be weak if reversed?

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

Electrical

Add Degree key or Timing plate with advanced ignition timing:0-1 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

Switch coil wires (A lot of Banshees come from the factory with the orange positive wire on the

• 7 years later...

old thread I know, but from what I can see in the manual they say the orange is towards the front of motor.... but I think that is wrong as there are + and - markings on stock coil. It is molded into it bewteen the spades on the coil itself. I'm currently diagnosing a no spark problem on a new serval build. Before build I had same problem and thought it was motor... Just spent 300 on a used good working coil, flywheel, CDI. And I have 2 good stators that show it being good according to ohm meter. I'm searching for a way to check pulse from CDI whick should be done with a 12V test light. Would like to pinpoint it before I swap out parts and possibly fry a CDI or Coil as these are getting harder and harder to come by.

Ohm caps? New plugs? Ohm harness?

Good ground on engine?

I'm a fan of a ground wire from engine to chassis, or like the nology cos that have a ground strap.

I think it was mull that wrote up a post about grounding the engine and it fixing a lot of strange spark electrical issues

• Like 1